On the Revolution of the Heavenly Spheres

edited 2013-04-19 14:29:16 in General

Once upon a time, the sun and planets revolved around the earth. It was believed this had always been so, could only be so, and philosophers privileged by this system wrote treatises interpreting the world.

One day, the planets decided to demand equality with the earth. They made revolution around the sun, who forced the earth into a position equal to the other planets. Reactionary forces like the Church tried to suppress this, but were only able to keep the moon orbiting the earth.

Yet the planets that had supported the revolution in hopes of complete equality were now subordinate to the sun. A philosopher named Newton wrote a treatise interpreting how the world could only be so, reifying the subordination of the planets as a force of nature.

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

This calls for a revolution on revolution!

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Heavenly spheres, oh yeah!
  • Of course, even the Sun revolves around the galaxy.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    portal 2 fanfiction
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^^ Who proved that there's a galactic center stars orbit? I know that in traditional Copernican astronomy, there's no distinction between "galaxy" and "universe". It took Hubble using the Hooker Telescope to find evidence that objects like the Andromeda Nebula were whole galaxies, not stars...
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Ah, a Wiki biography explains.