Libertarian babies we make our dreams come true.

edited 2013-04-13 12:18:04 in General
American society will never change until children can participate in a robust market for parents, supported by appropriate vouchers. Of course, we will need exhaustive data on parenting effectiveness so that infants can make informed decisions about who will raise them

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
  • Stu Pickles was kind of a terrible father, worse than Forest Gump. What does that say about your Americas,
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    But he made chocolate pudding at 4 in the morning. :o
  • edited 2013-04-13 16:26:35
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    He made toys...

Pretty much everyone in Rugrats is a horrible parent. The basic premise is all the parents who know each other pawn their kids off on one of the other couples (Usually Stu and Didi) who proceed to just drop off all the kids in some sort of playpen they assume will contain them and thus save them from the responsibility of having to watch the kids.

Or they assume three year old demon fresh from the depths of Hell's heart Angelica is responsible enough to wrangle a bunch of toddlers. 
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    lol I think I understand the irony of the name "Angelica" now. :p
  • But he made chocolate pudding at 4 in the morning. :o

he's lost control of his life
  • edited 2013-04-13 13:22:40
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I always wondered how the hell the parents never noticed a toy screwdriver in Tommy's diaper

I think that would be somewhat obvious, no?

Also since I'm required to mention it any time Rugrats comes up, I'm exactly one day older than Tommy Pickles.
  • I always wondered how the hell the parents never noticed a toy screwdriver in Tommy's diaper

I think that would be somewhat obvious, no?

Maybe he was just happy to see them.... and now I feel like a horrible human being.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ohhhh that's terrible

And yet I laughed anyway

Wheeee
    omg
  • Odradek said:

American society will never change until children can participate in a robust market for parents, supported by appropriate vouchers. Of course, we will need exhaustive data on parenting effectiveness so that infants can make informed decisions about who will raise them

Robin Hanson?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    spinor said:

Odradek said:

Robin Hanson?
    This is some one parodying "run it like a business" thinking, just to be clear.
  • I was half-joking.
  • Somewhere along the way, libertarian-minded opinion-wankers have forgotten that "transaction cost" is a thing.