Grocery Store Music (1975)

edited 2013-03-31 19:21:10 in General Media
So I was playing a level in A Super Mario Bros. X Thing and while the level was merciless hard it had this great music.

Music in the 70s was the best

Comments

• edited 2013-03-31 19:24:59
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Apparently this stuff has subliminal messages to get you to buy more.

I bet the Reptilians were behind it
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

It's like I'm walking those aisles looking for fresh veggies

aaaah, memories

riding in the shopping cart

I wish they still played this stuff in grocery stores
    HAW HAW
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    This music is hypnotic. :o
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    imi I love you :)
    I'm going to travel to that majestic land of the 1970s and we are going to breezily stroll down so many aisles of fresh vegetables and it will be wonderful, and we're going to check out our fresh groceries and outside there will be charmingly nostalgic signs and cars and lax safety regulations and you will probably have a silly hairdo and big glasses and bell bottoms and platform shoes and I'm going to sport a valley girl look with fuzzy leg warmers and everything and I'm going to light a marijuana hotbox while you nestle those little veggies cozily in the back seat and we are going to have a nice mid-afternoon drive down Memory Lane, stoned as fuck, and you are going to play some soft '70s pop music while we watch the suburban shadows elongate and the sun slowly set over the low white doldrums. Just imagine~

I'm going to travel to that majestic land of the 1970s and we are going to breezily stroll down so many aisles of fresh vegetables and it will be wonderful, and we're going to check out our fresh groceries and outside there will be charmingly nostalgic signs and cars and lax safety regulations and you will probably have a silly hairdo and big glasses and bell bottoms and platform shoes and I'm going to sport a valley girl look with fuzzy leg warmers and everything and I'm going to light a marijuana hotbox while you nestle those little veggies cozily in the back seat and we are going to have a nice mid-afternoon drive down Memory Lane, stoned as fuck, and you are going to play some soft '70s pop music while we watch the suburban shadows elongate and the sun slowly set over the low white doldrums. Just imagine~

I would totally do this, just so you know
    Here's some more

<3
    This is the song that I think of when I think of 1970s music (which admittedly I am not very familiar with at all). (⌒‿⌒)

"Baker Street", yeah, that's a good one

He also did this

This is quaint. (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Did somebody say 1970s music?

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Richard Thompson! My eyes brighten, my ears perk up, my demeanour shifts to general attentiveness—
    This is surprisingly nice stuff. Good find, Imi.
    It's like grocery shopping was once an experience and has now become mundane, and ancillary to the cell phone networks and internets that these youngsters are all wired into while they are supposed to be selecting foods to bring home for the week.
    *rides in the cart* wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A pre-digital post-modern landscape of early late capitalism. It is a surreal idea but some people were alive to experience it. :)
    lol @ all of my jargon
    early late
    Well, "early late-stage capitalism" would be a clearer phrasing.
    natch
    This music is so dreamy.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Possibly of interest. Department store music from 1964: http://www.oddiooverplay.com/ears/kresge.html
    Interesting. :o
    hmm