Bobby_ebooks

2»

Comments

• edited 2013-10-07 23:47:02
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    It doesn't resemble sex in any of the crucial respects with regard to why people actually have sex, only in superficial respects.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I feel very young.  The nineties are history.  I wish I was alive back then.
    What's his next dastardly scheme, breaking into the sower's house and scattering dust all over the place? Breaking into the fridge and swapping the good food for mouldy food?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

What's his next dastardly scheme, breaking into the sower's house and scattering dust all over the place? Breaking into the fridge and swapping the good food for mouldy food?

I've been killed by bees, an obby oss, lots of cliffs, a few dinosaurs and fire.
  • edited 2013-10-07 23:57:43
    "It's a story about magic lions and fauns and evil witches and stuff. You people are reading way too much into it." - C.S. Lewis
  • edited 2013-10-08 00:22:16
    Spaceships mightn't be particularly manly, but space war fleets certainly are.

(Where "manly" is a social construct related but not inherently tied to biological sex and please don't hurt me, I like feminism, really.)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • My dreams exceed my real life

this is amazing
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

It doesn't resemble sex in any of the crucial respects with regard to why people actually have sex, only in superficial respects.

I would love to know the context of this statement.
  • edited 2013-10-09 19:45:52
    [it was in an IJBM argument with Edmond Dantes, who had posted a contrived sci-fi analogy which was supposed to show why having sex is stupid and always a bad decision]
    What was the point...?
    not exactly sure, you'd have to ask him

tho he mightn't remember, it was ages ago

the basic gist of his argument was that people were too easily swayed by their sex drives
    It's true, but that's not a reason to reject sex entirely. Just a reason to prioritise better. But whatever.