Demons are cooler than Angels

2»

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    There's also Sariel, the angel of death and knowledge, most famous for his appearances in Touhou and Megami Tensei.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    aha~ so Sariel *is* a dude!

• I don't think an immortal being that has existed before the Earth or much of the Universe would care about sexuality at all.
  • edited 2013-04-01 02:42:22
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

Yeah, the Egrigori were Nephilim.

What? The Nephilim where the giant, half human/half (fallen) Angel children of the Watchers (Children of the "Sons of God" and "Daughters of Men"). I've never heard of the Nephilim actually being the Watchers, though there are other interpretations besides the one I mentioned.

Acererak said:

I don't think an immortal being that has existed before the Earth or much of the Universe would care about sexuality at all.

That being said, they are "hermaphrodites" in some sources. Both sets actually working. Though, I think they're asexual in other sources. There's not really a canonical source for Angel sexuality.
  • The sadness will last forever.

Surprisingly, these are angels.
  • edited 2013-04-01 07:22:08
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    RocketRunner said:Yeah, the Egrigori were Nephilim.

Well, no. The
    egregoroi or 'iyr (Watchers) were the "fathers" of the nephilim. Justice struck again.

^ Yup.
  • admittedly, whether or you not you think angels or demons are cooler.

They're certainly nicer to think about than the ravings of some religious people today.

I don't know who's would be considered more backwards, Amish or some religious folks.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    What's wrong with wanting to live simple, uncomplicated lives, unmuddied by modern technology?

Because loads of Asians do that too, only they don't have any choice in that matter whatsoever.
  • Justice42 said:

There's not really a canonical source for Angel sexuality.

that's why we have fanfiction
  • I don't know who's would be considered more backwards, Amish or some religious folks. 
    Actually, lots of Amish communities use modern technology. It's the lifestyle that matters, which I am not aware of so I will stop here.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Naney said:

Justice42 said:

There's not really a canonical source for Angel sexuality.

that's why we have fanfiction
  • Okay, so I was wrong on that, then.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Azrael sighed contentedly, laying one of his heads in Cassiel's lap. Cassiel looked down at him with sorrowful eyes. "You know that this cannot last, Azrael. I am he of solitude, and you shall live until the last star goes cold. If we were to be discovered, we would no doubt be separated by Him. He would believe that our relationship causes a conflict of interest." Azrael gazed up at his companion's face. "Why does this bother you so, Cassiel? Yes, you preside over the death of kings, but I shall not interfere in their lives until their time comes. To end their tale early in a bid to see you again would be nothing but an insult to both our duties. He, who is so great, would understand this." His voice was deep and booming, a distinct contrast to Cassiel's light, ethereal tones. "Perhaps you are correct, my old friend. But are you certain that you will manage?" Cassiel wrapped his wings around his friend. "Of course. I have seen much come to pass, and I shall see much more. But to be with you, for even a moment, is but the sweetest of experiences I have ever encountered." And with that, Azrael closed his many eyes, and fell into slumber.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Hmm. Perhaps I should mention that a great deal of Sufi mystical poetry is basically gay love poetry.
  • edited 2013-04-01 18:32:09
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

And with that, Azrael closed his many eyes, and fell into slumber.

From Encyclopedia of Angels.

Everytime Izrail (Azrael) blinks, it means someone has died.

Looks like the kings' time came all at once...as well as everyone else's'.

Everyone was killed thanks to fan-fiction. I guess it was inevitable.

Also, Azrael's physical description:

Izrail has four thousand wings and four faces that are covered with a million veils. His body is made up of as many eyes and tongues as there are people living on the earth..Izrail is so large that if all the water in the world was poured on his head, none would reach the ground. It would take a person 70,000 days  to travel from one of his eyes to the other.

I've yet to come across a description of a demon that's remotely close to that impressive.

• For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Hellboy: "The Bride of Hell" retells the story of King Solomon binding Asmodeus. Then adds the amusing detail that Asmodeus actually ruled Israel as its king while Solomon was banished. By the time Solomon returned, Asmodeus was completely sick of the position and willingly stepped down from the throne.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

MetaFour said:

Hellboy: "The Bride of Hell" retells the story of King Solomon binding Asmodeus. Then adds the amusing detail that Asmodeus actually ruled Israel as its king while Solomon was banished. By the time Solomon returned, Asmodeus was completely sick of the position and willingly stepped down from the throne.

Heh, I should track this down.

I should read more Hellboy in general.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Oddly enough,it was originally Angels that where depicted torturing people in Judgment Day art, this shifted over time to Angels basically wiping and herding sinners into Hell and then eventually demons being the sole source for punishment.

I'm not sure what the supposed motivation for demons torturing people is. Miserly loves company, I guess... It's not exactly canon that demons torture people in Hell for a number of reasons. Much of this art is based on activities of the Inquisition at the time it was made. Most of the tortures depicted in art from this time where practices actually being done at the time.

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Looks like the kings' time came all at once...as well as everyone else's'.

Everyone was killed thanks to fan-fiction. I guess it was inevitable.

Death is a mainstay of fanfic! It's dramatic, after all!

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Justice42 said:

Izrail has four thousand wings and four faces that are covered with a million veils. His body is made up of as many eyes and tongues as there are people living on the earth..Izrail is so large that if all the water in the world was poured on his head, none would reach the ground. It would take a person 70,000 days  to travel from one of his eyes to the other.

So some angels are so huge, they'd have to stay in outer space.
    That's one way to explain why the forces of good don't come here and solve all our problems!

• Mr. Darcy said:

Justice42 said:

some angels are so huge,

I am literally a child. hur hur.