imipolex_ebooks

edited 2013-03-28 01:51:19 in General
so, I dunno, Pynchon's a great writer but nobody knows what he looks like. Also, stoner metal, Mario game, eating at Wendy's, and also I think boobs are nice

who cares about this shit

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Patchouli Knowledge
    Jorge Luis Borges
    Time
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    :D
    and here's the funny thing, see, if I actually attain my goal of being an author then I may actually have ebooks for real, right?
  • And then you can have a spambot make Markov chains out of your work.
    Excellent!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Wichita, Kansas

Sinclair owns two stations there now

But then again, Gray, Schurz and LIN are there too
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I want you to be an author but whenever I tell you to write you say you will mayyyybe do it tomorrow! Am I not being harsh enough? :D We are going to do this, Imipolex G!
    You are not harsh enough

You need to break out the whips
    ...But, I'm not used to that sort of role... ;_;
  • edited 2013-03-28 03:58:56
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    This is the best love story since the last romantic comedy that didn't suck (pick your poison).

Needs more of the sexy, though. Get with the sexy, Ray! Put on those high heels, fetch the whips and play ball!
  • but that's forbidden love! (*ノ▽ノ)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Shut up, Hitomi.
  • flat-chested Patchouli Knowledge

trollface.jpg
    oh noes
  • edited 2013-03-28 13:17:42
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    *gives it a try, posing like a dominatrix and pointing at imi with a whip*

Imipolex G you better write books today, or I am going to, um... whip you with this whip right here!! It will probably cause mild pain! So, um... write books! ^_^
  • you cant be good at writing books w/o writing books true fact #1
    ^holy shit I never thought of that

*is whipped*
    It hurts me to have to do this to you, my dear. u_u It hurts me more than it hurts you. *stomps on imi with dagger heels and puts a laptop in front of his face* All you have to do is write something. :) Here!
    I intend to do this handwrittenly
    Excellent idea. *jams a pencil in his mouth and covers the laptop screen with paper* You can do it. :)
    I don't have a laptop. Well, I do, but it's broke.

See, typing on the computer is useless because I'm too easily distracted. "Maybe I should check HH before I start" "It won't hurt to watch a Raocow video first" etc. The only way to do this is to sit down with good ol' pen and paper. For the first draft, anyway.
  • I wonder if Imi will write boobs instead of books.
    Imipolex G could disconnect from the internet to write. :) Handwriting is very inefficient! But... if that is how he wants to do things, he of course may.
    (I am under the impression that before computers, typewriters were used instead? this is kind of interesting!)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    While I also suffer from the problem of being easily distracted, I find it much more difficult to write by hand than on a computer. Partly because I can type way faster than I can write (I think I was somewhere between 80 and 90 wpm?), but mostly because I need to be able to cut and paste and rearrange my thoughts in a way that I can't easily do with ink and paper.

(I am under the impression that before computers, typewriters were used instead? this is kind of interesting!)

My mother has this beautiful 1920s typewriter she inherited from her grandfather. He was completely blind, so he couldn't handwrite, but he could touch-type on the typewriter.

(I've tried touch-typing on it before. It's very different than touch-typing on a computer keyboard or even an electric typewriter--those manual keys have to be struck with a lot more force than us computer users are used to.)
    I actually had a typewriter as a kid. I used it to write before I had a computer. So, technically yeah, you're right.

Handwriting is slow, but if it's the only way to overcome distractions then so be it.

To answer GMH: no, but my books will probably have boobs here and there
    but what about AlphaSmarts
    WTF is that
    Basically, a typewriter with a screen.
    This thing?

...dammit, now I want one
    Pretty much

I used to use them in school sometimes
    Wikipedia claims they are popular in schools

hmm
  • edited 2013-03-28 22:55:12
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I want one now too

I find it interesting that something like that is still produced
    Let's buy one and share it
  • He's an aging hippie who lives in somebody's basement, doing lots of drugs,
    listening to 60s rock and imagining he's a squid that can warp time
    P-Squid, oh yeah!
    oooooh I would so join imipolex g in doing that and it will be amazing :D
    Are you drunk again
    No, sadly. u_u
    OK then.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Wow, they still make AlphaSmarts. I'm actually old enough to remember the Tandy Model 100/102 (an early laptop that a lot of reporters liked), and the AlphaSmart is pretty much a modern version of that.
  • edited 2013-03-29 00:43:07
    The NEO 2 wouldn't work for me; I have a habit of jumping around to the different parts of a document, working on whatever I can work on at the moment, and switching to a different part whenever I come to mental blocks.