ITT: You are a shmup!

edited 2013-03-05 21:05:20 in General
First you must choose a character! Would you like to be:

-Anonus, the agile attacker who invests in options like his subsidies, and takes down bosses like his corporate competitors!
-Central Avenue, the steady princess homing-shot-user with strong spirit attacks that pave whole roads of love!
-Imipolex G, the glass cannon who draws his immense shot power and intellectual precision from many decades of postmodern reading!
-Jumpingzombie, the unusual attacker who can manipulate time and space, and relies on versatile option attacks.

Next we must select the main story, because our current score is 0 and nothing is unlocked yet. What difficulty do we play on? We can choose:

-Sane Mode, for those who have jobs and families.
-Baby Mode, for skilled shmup addicts and too much free time!
-Easy Mode, for masochistic insomniac lunatics.
-Regular Mode, for those who have lost everything in life, and who have sacrificed many hundreds of hours and can play with machine-like pixel-to-frame accuracy! :D
-Arcade Mode, for cheaters, TAS runs, and punishing those who can win Regular Mode. :)

Have you chosen your difficulty? Is it Regular Mode?

-No? Too bad, you will only get to play halfway through before the mid-boss mocks you for sucking too much. Go back and choose Regular Mode!
-Yes? Good! You understand! :D

Next we will begin playing the game. Recall that your hitbox is one pixel, and that the spaces between the bullets are sometimes one pixel in length. :3 Good luck!!!!!!

Who is the first boss? :)

Comments

• I choose Jumpingzombie on the Arcade difficulty.

First boss: Nicki Minaj

Attacks by hurling a steady stream of insults. Her weak point is her wig.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    boi that was only the mini-boss! you dead!

FINAL SCORE: 00000000000000000000000000000413
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Next let's take a look at unlockables. We have:

the Extra Level, featuring the mysterious Psychedelic Squid. Be prepared for a 40-minute time investment and twice as many hours of free time. ;D Simply clear the game in Arcade Mode!

the Super Duper Extra Level, featuring the elusive Kool Aid Man. Shmup masochists, I have only one descriptor for this one: OH, YEAH!!! Unfortunately, you must defeat the Extra level seven times with each character to unlock it, plus clear the game on all five difficulties with a score greater than 80 septillion.

the Wonderful Mode, in which all your fabulous magical dreams come true. <3 How to unlock? It is a mystery! Here is a hint: if you aren't TAS-ing, you're doing it wrong. :3
    We also have:

Boss Rush Mode: for those who wish to defeat all seventeen bosses with one single life. :)

Bonus Mode: if you graze 19,000,000 bullets and score 40 trillion points in a single stage, you can fight a Psychedelic Squidspawn and attempt to earn back a life. :D
  • edited 2013-03-05 21:27:53
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

-Imipolex G, the glass cannon who boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs 

Fixed that for ya
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    >:O
    *hug* (I made you the character I would choose to play as, which is basically Marisa, and obviously I am just being silly) :3
  • -plays as Imi until the Fresh Meat DLC comes out with moar characters-

-fails miserably at dodging danmaku-
  • I choose you, Pikachu!
  • In this Parodius romhack, all the blue penguins are now marills, and all the red penguins are now ________ .

(fill in the blank)
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Alomomola