Programs and App talk

edited 2013-02-24 22:11:09 in Talk

I found a great program and figured I'd make this thread incase other people had useful programs they wanted to share, or just talk about.

So someone made a program that makes all my dreams come true browses Deviantart galleries and downloads everything.

Saving me a metric assload of time.

Tagged:

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    So, does anyone know a good browser for posting on the heap on a SmartPhone and/or Tablet.

Most seem to flip the fuck out when I try to post.

IE10 is no exception, sadly.

• I have a thingie called BlueStacks that lets me run Android apps on a standard computer.

It's pretty rad.

• edited 2013-02-25 00:14:03
    Just started using this earlier this evening.

http://www.lukepaynesoftware.com/lsrotator/

It allows you to change, and even randomly pick, a wallpaper for your Windows 7 login screen.  Might even work on Windows 8.  It's also free.  The only downside is that it only installs to Program Files.

So, Elixer 2 is a pretty sweet app I use on my phone.

Basically it gives me direct access too the stuff on my phone, and there is A LOT of stuff. I think this thing has a barometer...

Anyhow, it lets me turn on and off my wi-fi hotspot directly, allowing me avoid using the T-Mobile app that does this. I still enter my network info and password into app, but use Elixer 2 to turn it on.

Semi-related, I just got a message encouraging me to spend $15 a month so I can have the privilege of T-Mobile not shutting down my hotspot at will.

They can get screwed side-ways with a pollaxe, my hotspot is working fine.

Looks like they can still track when it's on and shut it off, but I can turn it back on in a flash. So unless they're going to pay someone a hell of a lot more than $15 to watch my bandwith and check if my hotspot is on, they can just deal.
  • edited 2013-02-25 11:24:05
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Justice42 said:

So, does anyone know a good browser for posting on the heap on a SmartPhone and/or Tablet.

Most seem to flip the fuck out when I try to post.

IE10 is no exception, sadly.

I've been using Chrome on my phone (HTC Rezound running Ice Cream Sandwich). Vanilla seems to be really sensitive to packet loss, and if your connection is bad, it will freak out.
  • Ooh, I might have to use that dA ripper...

Ooh, I might have to use that dA ripper...
    Just to warn you, it totally hogs your CPU and bandwidth while running. I suggest setting it up to download a gallery or two then figuring out something to do for a while that doesn't involve your PC.

Beats the HELL out of downloading someone's gallery picture by picture, still. 

Dragging pictures on Tumlbr doesn't work in IE10!