Fun for the Whole Family: Name That Children's Movie

edited 2013-02-19 00:20:54 in Roleplay & Games
Rules are simple: someone posts a short, snarky description (and year) of a children's or "family" movie, then everyone else tries to guess. Whoever guesses right gets to post the next description.

Let's start with an easy one:

(2005) A manchild with unresolved daddy issues lures children into a dangerous industrial facility.

Comments

• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Directed by Tim Burton.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Correct! You're up next.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-19 00:46:08
    Alright.

(2006) The president of a homeowners' association is terrorized by a procyonic debtor and his cohorts in this satire of consumerist culture. Avril Lavigne and Bill Shatner star.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Over the Hedge?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-19 00:53:09
    Right-o. You're up.
    Okay.

(1997) An idiot savant must help save his burger restaurant from an evil competitor.
  • Good Burger!
    Yes.

Your turn!
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-19 05:59:30
    (2011) A group of spatially displaced, cerulean miniature people attempt to return to their homeland in an epic journey... that is absolutely painful to watch if you're over 10 years old.

Naturally, made over half a billion dollars.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...The Smurfs?
  • edited 2013-02-19 06:03:39
    The Smurfs.

Ninja'd.
  • Yep. CA's turn.
    Yay!

(2004) A minority family dealing with life in an oppressive society must come together to stop the genocide of their people.
  • edited 2013-02-19 06:09:12
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The Smurfs.

Ninja'd.
    Yay!

(2004) A minority family dealing with life in an oppressive society must come together to stop the genocide of their people.
    The Incredibles?
    Eeyup.

Your turn.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-19 06:11:00
    The Incredibles?

Dang.
    New rule: If the winner doesn't post the next description in a timely fashion, someone else gets to drop in to keep the game going.

(2004) An elderly sociopath repeatedly attempts to murder orphans for money. Based on a series of books so depressing its author literally begs you not to read them.
  • edited 2013-05-21 03:04:50
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    A Series of Unfortunate Events. Starring Jim Carrey.
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events

ninjas everywhurr

Ding ding!

Section is up next.
  • edited 2013-05-21 03:15:59
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    (1992) An aggressive lawyer obsessed with winning is forced to become a pee-wee hockey coach. In the process, he learns how to be a good person, and he also beats back the ghosts from his past that made him a bad person to begin with.
    The Mighty Ducks?

Heh, my mom loved that movie.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Eeyup.

I loved that movie too.

It's your turn now.
  • edited 2013-05-21 03:30:08
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (1994) A business executive, played by a convicted cocaine dealer, kills a mythological figure and assumes his place, alienating his loved ones in the process.
  • (1994) A business executive, played by a convicted cocaine dealer, kills a mythological figure and assumes his place, alienating his loved ones in the process.

The Santa Clause.
    Yep! Your turn.
  • A little girl runs away from her family's dilapidated new home on foot to see her cancer-stricken mother, and her older sister must seek supernatural assistance to find her as everyone searches frantically. (1988)
  • edited 2013-05-21 03:51:38

My Neighbor Totoro
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    It's your turn now, dear. :P
  • edited 2013-05-21 04:08:05

1982 - A single mother, seeking aid for her ill son, receives help from an enigmatic group of individuals that are in a power struggle.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The Secret of NIMH.