Do you ever reach the point...

edited 2013-02-12 04:34:16 in General
...where you just end up sitting around laughing at your own nonsense, Pinkie Pie-style?

HAHAHA BEATEN TACOS ON SALE AT ZELLERS

AND THE *giggle* ORANGE SODA WITH *snicker* WHEELCHAIR "FLAVORING"

aND IT WAS ON heeheehe UPN, AND THE FIRE, WATER, EARTH, AND BAGELS *guffaw*

Comments

• edited 2013-02-12 05:04:27
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I assumed the OP was Central Avenue before I had even clicked on this thread

And it had two posts before I clicked on it

Anyway I think the Fire Nation inventing bagels was my thing

As is spamming UPN, because they have a funny name
  • edited 2013-02-12 04:57:12
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    1. I'm remembering the time in IJBM 1 when I made a thread about waking up before the alarm went off, and you correctly guessed I was the OP even though I rarely started new threads at the time. The mindlink still holds, which is nice to see.
    2. The Fire Nation inventing bagels was your thing, but I was the one who tagged the thread with "fire, water, air, earth, bagels".
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    oh, right, derp

i remembered wrong

also you referenced UPN there
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I break into giggles quite often when I read my own short stories.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Sometimes I think of things that make me laugh, and I worry that it's really not funny at all and I just have a defective sense of humor.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i am pretty easily amused.

i like to think of it as more of a talent than a defect.
  • i am easily amused, but little makes me laugh
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Water, air, earth, fire, bagels, cabbage.

I am easily amused by wordplay and puns; but physical humor has never worked for me.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    CABBAGE BENDERS!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Metal Benders!
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    BACK TO BACK MONDAY ON UPN
  • No love for the WB?
  • edited 2013-02-12 16:03:32
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    You mean the Dubba Dubba WB, right?

• Yessir.

Wait, family hour? The WB? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttthahahahahahahaha.
  • One scene in particular that gained the movie infamy was the rape of Blair's character in the communal showers by a girl gang led by lesbian Moco (Nora Heflin) with a plunger handle; this scene had the distinction of being the first all-female rape scene aired on American television. This scene was not glossed over in promotional spots for the movie; Linda Blair's screams as she was being attacked were aired in the promos, with the announcer intoning, "She was born innocent, but that was fourteen years ago!"

wow shit was whack back then
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That sounds like something The Cinema Snob should be covering, not a movie of the week!
    The The WB Network? :P
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Semantically, that's not wrong...if the network's proper name was The WB, it could be referred to as the "The WB" network.

Usually it's considered good style to omit the extra the, though...you'd call someone "the New York Times reporter", not "the The New York Times reporter", for example.
    The WB has often been referred to as just "WB" anyway (the branding of most of the network's affiliates did this, e.g. "WB2" or "Boston's WB").
  • edited 2013-02-12 21:05:27
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fair enough.

The "the the" in the ad was most likely just a simple oversight anyway...
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Obligatory Attack Of The The Eye Creatures
  • Paris in the
    the spring