The Stacks

Well now, out west there used to be these places called the Stacks, see, and all the pterodactyl-birds lived there back in the day. At least that's what they used to tell me, I never know for sure because that kinda thing is a bit beyond me, but I trust 'em as sure as one trusts the numbers on a calculator. Out this way every once in a while the Sun would go blue and rise when it shoulda set, and the people of the land would dance and play drums while the pterodactyl-birds flew around the sky like crazy. It doesn't happen out there anymore, it used to before the eastern men came, then it stopped. They say that the eastern men don't appreciate the Sun changin' color on a whim, and they don't appreciate no pterodactyl-birds neither. So they drove out the pterodactyl-birds and cussed at the Sun. And the Sun stopped changin' colors and the pterodactyl-birds went into hiding.

But some of us know that even today if you go out west far enough you can still find The Stacks, and you can still watch the pterodactyl-birds fly around while the people dance and play drums, and the Sun goes blue and rises. At least that's what they used to tell me.

Comments