Dawn of the First Day

edited 2012-12-18 07:01:18 in General

In 72 hours, the world is about to end according to the Mayan Calendar.

Comments

• you know

if the world actually ends. I can just see some people with the smuggest of faces going "told ya"
  • edited 2012-12-18 07:03:06
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Not even according to that, since they found ones that date past it.

^ If it actually ends, I have the feeling that the Mayans will be mighty baffled.
  • Crap, you made this joke before I did. I am disappoint.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    As someone who is apparently, uh, 1/8 Mayan or something, I say

Majora's Mask was a cool game, but a bit too hard
  • I recommend playing it with a guide the first time around, and then picking it up again a few years later and having a vague idea of what you're supposed to do.
  • You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Don't tell me... My mask... You did...get it back...Didn't you?

What have you done to me!!! If you leave my mask out there, something terrible will happen!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Majora was just really scary. Sure Ganondorf was loads more powerful and we kicked his ass in the previous game, but his "arrogant warlock" demeanor inspired more frustration than fear.
  • edited 2012-12-18 23:25:02
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ^^Sure.

^agreed
  • Cream said:

Every Zelda is easy, except for The Adventure of Link.

And the original Zelda. And Skyward Sword.

And that's only if you don't consider good puzzle design to be "real" difficulty. And the Zelda series has good puzzle design in spades.
  • edited 2012-12-18 23:36:29
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Yeah, most of the difficulty in the original Zelda stems from having to determine where to do a specific thing you wouldn't have thought to do otherwise based on poorly-translated dialogue that you happen to stumble upon by chance.
  • but once you read what the internet says to do
    I think it's obvious why you think Zelda games are easy.
  • edited 2012-12-18 23:38:22
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Anyhow, that reminds me, I still haven't gotten past Lanayru Desert in Skyward Sword.
  • The combat/puzzle ratio is a lot higher in the earlier games, so when talking about difficulty of the earlier games combat is the main focus.
    darknuts
    ^Oh yeah. Them too.
    cheater!
  • I never said that using walkthroughs was bad, I'm just saying that they make the game loads easier.
  • The original Zelda was supposed to be the kind of game you discussed with your friends at school, according to Miyamoto. 
  • Have you played Skyward Sword?

A lot of people say that game is easy, but I think the biggest thing is that it's so well designed that it's just not as frustrating anymore. The puzzles are mostly easy if you have a very good grasp of Zelda logic.
  • edited 2012-12-18 23:45:08
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Kexruct said:

The original Zelda was supposed to be the kind of game you discussed with your friends at school, according to Miyamoto. 

If you'll pardon the anachronism, that worked out so well for Pokémon, didn't it?

Hey, did you hear that if you feed Mewtwo every rare candy in the game after he gets to level 100, he'll evolve into Chrono Mew?
  • edited 2012-12-18 23:46:00
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Did you hear how to get the Triforce in Ocarina of Time
  • I remember my best friend and I became friends because we both liked Zelda. He told me how to get past the first part of MM before either of us even knew how to read.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Kexruct said:

The original Zelda was supposed to be the kind of game you discussed with your friends at school, according to Miyamoto. 

So taking advice from Internet forums is essentially playing it as intended?
    Just keep pushing the button to go past the dialogue.
  • Sort of. But there's something about when you're younger, you don't have the internet and all you can do to find out stuff is to seek out that one friend who knows all the secrets behind the games you have.

I loved that when I was younger. Growing up sort of spoils that part of the gaming experience.
    that deaf dumb and blind kid

sure plays a mean super mario 3
  • edited 2012-12-18 23:55:50
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I am not sure there is a time when today's children are playing the original Zelda but are unfamiliar with the Internet.

^ I thought I was the mighty Mushroom King, but I just handed my Mario crown to him!
  • Zelda and Kingdom Hearts are the two game series that fill me with the most nostalgia. What's weird is that KH actually tends to elicit more even though it came into my life much later. But man, that series is really good at eliciting emotional reactions.
    I thought I was the mighty Mushroom King, but I just handed my Mario crown to him!
    +30 Imipoints
    Yay! :D
    You have 90 now
  • I don't have any Imipoints ;_;
    You have 20
  • Oh? What did I do to get them?
    BTW Cream, why disembowel yourself when you could learn to smell and taste your way around?
    Everyone starts with 20 by default.

Looking at the list, Prof. Gator has 19. I can't remember what he did to lose that one. :/
    It was posting bird puns in a boobies thread, if I recall correctly.