AVGN or TGWtG?

edited 2012-12-15 15:20:24 in General
I personally prefer the AVGN, but it seems to be a very divisive thing.

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    AVGN.
  • GAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAME GRUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuMPS
  • is there a "internet reviewers are dumb" option? Because that's my genuine opinion here.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    AVGN
  • is there a "internet reviewers are dumb" option? Because that's my genuine opinion here.

I'd take this.

But Ashens is p cool.

Unless we are just talking about Video Game reviews?

Oi! I review stuff! :P

That's what most people think when they either a. Haven't seen the reviews or b. Don't know most of them are playing characters.
  • Kexruct said:

is there a "internet reviewers are dumb" option? Because that's my genuine opinion here.

That's what most people think when they either a. Haven't seen the reviews or b. Don't know most of them are playing characters.

I have seen several reviews from the both of them and am totally aware they're playing characters. I just don't find their acts at all entertaining.

Generally this kind of hyper-inflated, The Critic-style comedy reviewing which is designed more for laughs than anything just does not appeal to me on any level. You can like it all you want, but don't go saying  that if I don't like it I clearly just haven't given it a chance, because that is a really presumptive and annoying thing to say.

• I have seen several reviews from the both of them and am totally
    aware they're playing characters. I just don't find their acts at all
    entertaining.

• I have seen several reviews from the both of them and am totally aware they're playing characters. I just don't find their acts at all entertaining.

Generally this kind of hyper-inflated, The Critic-style comedy reviewing which is designed more for laughs than anything just does not appeal to me on any level. You can like it all you want, but don't go saying  that if I don't like it I clearly just haven't given it a chance, because that is a really presumptive and annoying thing to say.

Okay, fair enough. I just kind of get a little defensive when people say things like that because I generally think when people state their opinions they are stating them as objective truth even though this is rarely the case.
  • We're not Something Awful. I think it's pretty rare that you'll find that kind of "my opinion is factz" thinking here.
  • We're not Something Awful. I think it's pretty rare that you'll find that kind of "my opinion is factz" thinking here.

• edited 2012-12-15 17:09:07
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

We're not Something Awful. I think it's pretty rare that you'll find that kind of "my opinion is factz" thinking here.

...You don't see any kind of irony in this post?
  • Eh, I like both Linkara and the Game Grumps.
  • ...You don't see any kind of irony in this post?

Not really.

My opinion on Something Awful is also an opinion.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    There are a handful internet video reviewers that I like, and one or two that I like quite a bit. Most of them happen to be on TGWTG. That said, most of the reviewers on that site indulge in a particular style of humour that I do not find especially entertaining. The same goes for the AVGN. I do not begrudge those who like that sort of thing—and I'm sure that the producers themselves are perfectly nice people—but it's really not my cup of tea.

The hardcore fans of confuse and occasionally disturb me, less for who they idolise and obsess over than to what degree. Sometimes it's remarkably creepy.