The Raketen-Stadt

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    a piece of True Art that I created one time

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ah, do tell. :)
    I was bored at work and there were two photos on the computer there, so I decided to use Photoshop to combine them in a slightly weird way.

The end.

Now I am going to hug Walpurgis whether she wants it or not. *hug*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *snaps Polaroid of said hug*
    Polaroid? What is this, the 1600s?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sure, why not? ^_^

*waves the photo around, pretending that helps it develop when really it does nothing*
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Melusina said:

I was bored at work and there were two photos on the computer there, so I decided to use Photoshop to combine them in a slightly weird way.

The end.

Now I am going to hug Walpurgis whether she wants it or not. *hug*

^_^ *nuzzles*
    *hands Miko the Polaroid photo, which I've written "Bestest Friends" on*
    aww :3
    :)
    "No one gets out of childhood alive" - Harlan Ellison
    ^^ That was lovely. :)
    I thought it was nice n' trippy
    Jimmy Page with...some other guys I don't recognize
    ooooooooooooh
    Imipolex G II: Breast Wishes
    yay, I got a sequel!
    spew
    HELL'S MINIVAN
    A man is attending the Super Bowl, when he notices an empty seat. Thinking this to be strange, the man asks the person sitting next to the empty seat if he knows who sits there. The guy replies: "Well, I bought two tickets for my wife and I a long time ago, but she passed away." So the man asks: "Couldn't you have brought someone else?"

"They're all at the funeral."
    1978 COUCH
    as in, a couch from 1978
    anyway

PHILOSOPHY.

well that was cute

well-nigh incomprehensible, but cute
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i suspect i would have comprehended it better if i understood Japanese
    Japanese.......of course!
    :)

from another universe
    My relative youth is probably showing here, but...what is that?
    a vacuum tube from an amplifier.

it's not actually from another universe.
    oh
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    yay, vacuum tubes

I actually got to see some of the last tube-type TV sets made, back in the 1980s when my bio-dad was working on TVs on the side. Tubes started going out of style in the early 1970s (when transistors were getting good enough to handle the small-signal stuff, but not high-current drives like the horizontal output), and were gone except for the CRT by 1980 thanks to ICs.
    most guitarists say that tube amps sound the best

I wouldn't really know
    Well, there are certain guitar effects that really only work properly on a tube amplifier (at least until JFETs and op-amps were common junk-box parts), particularly distortion and overdrive.
    well, I dunno, as Wikipedia has it

Many professional guitar players use 'tube amps' because of their renowned 'tone'.[citation needed]'Tone'
    in this usage is referring to timbre, or pitch color, and can be a very
    subjective quality to quantify. Most audio technicians and scientists
    theorize that the 'even harmonic distortion' produced by valve tubes
    sounds more pleasing to the ear than transistors, regardless of style.
    Many of the musicians who use solid state amplification technology do so
    for its portability, low cost and high reliability, not its 'tone'. It
    is the tonal characteristics of valve tubes that have sustained them as
    the industry standard for guitars and studio microphone
    pre-amplification.
    formatting

not gonna fix it
    What that means is that tubes clip differently when overdriven than bipolar transistors do...it's more gradual on tubes, whereas BJTs do hard "diode" clipping, which is harsher. JFETs and MOSFETs work more like tubes do, and so it's possible to get a good simulation of "tube" clipping with them. This is also true of certain types of op amps, though I forget the exact details.
    Ah.