I am a teenager

edited 2012-12-09 20:49:28 in General
I listen to some big-name rappers and whatever's on the top 40 radio station. I have a few Beatles songs on my iPod and my knowledge of classic rock stops there. All my knowledge of classical music ends at what I've heard on movies. Nobody teases me on the bus. I have a teenage sister who likes Gaga, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber.

Accept me for who I am youtube.

Comments

• FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGOT
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    I can accept you for who you are, but the rest of the world just is not ready....
  • can't handle the plebcore
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    still saying this kind of shit in 2012
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hello, young man! I am Zordon, an interdimensional being caught in a time warp. This planet is under attack, and we need your help to save it.
  • going over it that list needs better consistency in musical quality
  • i mean it's just a random heap of popular music
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Have listened to some of that list and liked it

Fuck you, got mine.
  • i mean, how do you lump in bad Post-Grunge with...

yeah

silly /mu/
    I like the Beatles
  • I have not listened to Beatles in years

I still get their songs stuck in my head though

I think that proves that they are a good band
    That aside, I think that list actually makes some sense. Because it's not supposed to have genre consistency so much as it's just "popular stuff that plebs listen to".
  • it makes sense if you're /mu/

but if you're /mu/, why are you here?

I am not /mu/ but I am moo.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    But what if I'm /μ/?
  • edited 2012-12-09 21:48:57
    Oh, yeah, it's weird how I have different attitudes towards stuff now than I did when I was in middle school:

Middle-school me: I am never going to get into those bloody video games or listen to this "Atreyu" stuff or whatever.

Current me: I like Avenged Sevenfold, Pendulum, and Weird Al unironically and my favorite games are all FPS games on the PC.

^Then you're getting into some Lambda-Cosine shit there.

Oh, yeah, it's weird how I have different attitudes towards stuff now than I did when I was in middle school

Oh yeah.

Middle school me: what's with these kids wearing Metallica shirts and stuff? It's SCARY

Current me: considers thrash metal to be basically easy listening
  • middle school me like didn't care about music or about anyone else because he was a bitter hollow shell of a child
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the stupidest thing
    ^that
  • Middle school me: HEY GUYS LOOK AT HOW FUNNY AND RANDOM I AM XD XD
    High school me: oh wow i'm so sorry about how i was before please forgive me augh why was i such an idiot
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

middle school me like didn't care about music or about anyone else because he was a bitter hollow shell of a child

Oh good, it wasn't just me, then.

'Course, middle school was also around the time that I felt isolated as fuck and wished everyone else would just go away.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Middle school is aged 11-14, right?  I think the only music that interested me at that age came from video games.

Also I don't know what "plebcore" is supposed to be (other than an abuse of the suffix "-core"), but I own a disconcerting number of those and enjoyed several more of them.
  • 11-14 years old... Enter the "emo teen" phase.
    plebcore: music listened to by people who know nothing of music other than what's currently popular/hyped

unlike the true music fans who go digging for the most obscure stuff they can find
  • edited 2012-12-10 13:18:59
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Oh, yeah, it's weird how I have different attitudes towards stuff now than I did when I was in middle school

Oh yeah.

Middle school me: what's with these kids wearing Metallica shirts and stuff? It's SCARY

Current me: considers thrash metal to be basically easy listening
    I remember being terrified of the uncensored version of "closer" back in 1995 or so, simply because Trent said "fuck" in it. Now it's like no big deal.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
  • edited 2012-12-10 13:23:22
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

plebcore: music listened to by people who know nothing of music other than what's currently popular/hyped

unlike the true music fans who go digging for the most obscure stuff they can find

Oh good, for a moment there I was worried it might be something worth taking seriously. :p

It's funny, I used to feel like I was more into music, back when I listened to less of it.
  • Tools said:

11-14 years old... Enter the "emo teen" phase.

"Emo teen": the reason I never tried figuring out I had depression or actually discussing the reasons why because people would have told me I was doing it to be an attention whore.

Tools said:

11-14 years old... Enter the "emo teen" phase.

"Emo teen": the reason I never tried figuring out I had depression or actually discussing the reasons why because people would have told me I was doing it to be an attention whore.
    yas
  • edited 2012-12-11 02:43:19
    ಠ_ಠ

The 11-14 "emo teen" phase was more of the "attention h0r" phase.

My current "emo teen" phase is down to depression.