Nine

edited 2012-12-06 13:35:26 in General

He was my first Doctor, since I started watching in 2005.

He seems to have been overshadowed by Ten in the eyes of the fandom, but he was really good as well.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I wanna watch his episodes again

Also threadstacking
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    stack
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
  • Dungeons & Dragons: number of alignments
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Five, seven, nine?  GMH, you are not good at counting.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I liked Nine, though I haven't seen most of his stuff in ages.

As much as I love Ten (who was my first Doctor), I do often with Nine had had more than one season.
    Same here.

Although I have watched the entire 2005 season through more times than is probably healthy.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    See, I started midway through the American airings of Tennant's first season, then pieced together everything before that from reruns on Sci Fi (now "Syfy").

A few years ago Sci Fi would do this thing where, like, every day of the week they'd air a marathon of a different show. The "Doctor Who days", as my family called them, were good for catching up.

Still, I imagine it has more impact if you watch it in the "right" order.
    The 2005 arc is actually one of the best, IMO, because every episode contributes to the characters' arc, and because it was clearly intended as an introduction so nothing is assumed and the story is allowed to unfold naturally over time.

Later seasons feel more episodic to me, and less structured.
  • Fouria G: Are there threads for two, three, and four?
    Admittedly no.

But you skipped the evens!
  • *Insert intro to The Gmod Idiot Box 9 here*
    The Nine Divines.
  • number of spaces in Tic Tac Toe
    highest single digit