Thanksgiving 2012

edited 2012-11-22 03:58:53 in General
It's here.

Hope it's good for you guys!

Friday and I are hosting one for the first time ever, this year.

Just a small gathering of...well heapers, mostly. 

Friday is making some deserts and yams, Gilda is bringing the turkey, and I made cranberry sauce, prepped some stuffing for bake, and got some fresh pumpkin mashed for pumpkin pie tomorrow.

I anticipate much bored games...

Hrrmmm... I guess Settlers of Catan is sort of thematically necessary. Friday can replace the thief with this

Comments

• A Heaper Thanksgiving would be a cool thing to do.
  • Uploaded with Imgupr

I'm making pie. :D
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Justice42 said:

Friday is making some deserts and yams, Gilda is bringing the turkey, and I made cranberry sauce, prepped some stuffing for bake, and got some fresh pumpkin mashed for pumpkin pie tomorrow.

I anticipate much bored games...

Hrrmmm... I guess Settlers of Catan is sort of thematically necessary. Friday can replace the thief with this
    Oh, you're making stuffing? I guess we won't stuff the turkey, then.

... and can we play excited games instead?
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    Hey guys. I brought drinks.

*waits for food by fiddling with phone*

Yeah, I'm up for Settlers whenever.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I bought a really cheap pork roast ($5) and am slow cooking in on the grill over applewood, and am going to make an apple/pork gravy for it. 
  • We're not doing Thanksgiving this year. Everyone works.
  • That's kind of sad.
  • *shrug*

Half of my family is from countries that don't celebrate the holiday anyway, and it's always been kind of a tense holiday for us. I'm glad we're skipping it this year, honestly.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    We're eating now. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, my brother's risotto, and Mac & cheeses. My brother and his two kids are here, too.
  • You could always just eat a bunch of food anyway.
  • Kexruct said:

You could always just eat a bunch of food anyway.

I don't even really like most traditional Thanksgiving.
  • Everyone loved the Oreo pie. I liked it too, the whole thing tasted like a big globby goop of the creme in between Oreo cookies.

My pumpkin kind of got glossed over since my aunt (well, my uncle's mom's sister? I dunno) brought an absolutely baller sweet potato pie but I don't care, one out of two hits ain't bad.

Also, I ate so much that maybe I might just gain my yearly pound tomorrow. :P
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm going to a buffet tonight.
  • The Buffet!

Where it's Thanksgiving Every Day!™
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's bizarre; I despise the whole Black Friday nonsense but all the same I find myself wishing I had somewhere to go or something to do outside the house today.

I guess I can sit around writing, if nothing else...
    I actually have to do something not-Black-Friday-ish and get my eyes checked.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm going back outside soon to buy more stuff.
    And it turns out that I can't get my eyes checked today because THE FUCKING OFFICE IS CLOSED. I have to try again tomorrow. God fucking dammit. :P
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I went out shopping for groceries and hit a few places for Black Friday deals that weren't totally cleared out by now.

Got some blu-rays (seasons of Mad Men, mostly) and a 16GB flash drive for $5.