Mojave Mu$ic Plugs Assorted Indie Games

2»

Comments

• yeah this is my place

please don't take it from me ;A;

• bonp

Today I bring you Fancy Palace from webdev SAMCO Software. It's a Japanese flash doujin game that at first glance looks like another entry in the (venerable?) Breakout clone genre, and while it does share the "ball and paddle" mechanic of that game, there are two key differences. First of all, blocks are not glued stationary on the top portion of the level, and your goal is not to break them. Your goal is to protect the second key difference--the little catgirl who wanders around at the bottom of the screen--with your paddle. 

There's only about a half dozen levels (capped by a boss fight!) but the main character is kinda cute, the music's pretty nice, and it's a decent time waster if nothing else.

a solid 3/5 experience.

• here's another somewhat out-there timewaster from the Japanese web doujin game community, this one from developer Masamune Games. Boyoon takes the simple premise of "click on a ball to make it bounce, and don't let it hit the bottom of the screen" and injects some absurdity in the form of collectible magic powerups, these are broken out of the yellow boxes they come in with a left click, collected with another left click where they are then added to your inventory, and selected with a right click, and finally are used with another left click. 

The cheery music and cute mascot make the game a solid afternoon-passer if you're bored with whatever you're currently crashing with, and it's enjoyable for its sheer randomness if nothing else. There's also a few markedly out-of-place references to Madoka.

3/5