What would Happen if the horses revolted

edited 2012-11-05 10:59:25 in General
Come on, man, We're tired of dragging your fat human asses Around.  just because we can get you places faster than you can walk on your Pathetic two legs doesn't mean we exist to serve you. Screw you and screw your bridles

It's time we took back A-MARE-ica in the name of equinity

Comments

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
    If it was a violent revolt, there would certainly be more than a couple humans dead and possibly eaten.

There are some people whose livelihood depends on horses, but the proportion gets fewer the more modern you get. Some small villages would probably be devastated.

We'd eventually realize that it would be too much work to get them back under control, and look at other options while we have scientists try to figure out what caused this outburst.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Horses would have revolted eons ago

problem is they don't have thumbs
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR GOING SOFT!

Prediction #6:  Automobiles will be cheaper than horses are today. Farmers will own automobile hay-wagons, automobile truck-wagons, plows, harrows and hay-rakes. A one-pound motor in one of these vehicles will do the work of a pair of horses or more. Children will ride in automobile sleighs in winter. Automobiles will have been substituted for every horse vehicle now known. There will be, as already exist today, automobile hearses, automobile police patrols, automobile ambulances, automobile street sweepers. The horse in harness will be as scarce, if, indeed, not even scarcer, then as the yoked ox is today.

Prediction #11: No Mosquitoes nor Flies.  Insect screens will be unnecessary.  Mosquitoes, house-flies and roaches will have been practically exterminated.  Boards of health will have destroyed all mosquito haunts and breeding-grounds, drained all stagnant pools, filled in all swamp-lands, and chemically treated all still-water streams.  The extermination of the horse and its stable will reduce the house-fly.

WE HAD A PLAN! DAMNIT! WE HAD A PLAN!

Now those horses are going to walk all over us...at least until we drive all over them.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Gelzo's post made me smile.

It's hilarious to see real-world logic applied to a bit of nonsense I typed up while sleep-deprived and under the influence of cold medicine.
  • Yeah, he wasn't horsing around.

It would definitely be a nightmare for many people.
  • It would cattlyze a mass emigration from farms.
  • It's time we took back A-MARE-ica in the name of equinity
    The ironic thing about this is that horses aren't actually native to here.

Thank Columbus.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    But Columbus never set foot IN AMERICA!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

Thank Columbus.
    Since when has rhetoric required a basis in fact? Just look at [human politician I don't like]!
  • Tre said:

Thank Columbus.
    Since when has rhetoric required a basis in fact? Just look at all politicians that weren't Paul Wellstone!
    ftfy
    Besides, this country was built on horse slave labor anyway!

BEGIN THE HORSE'S SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT!
  • Tre said:

Thank Columbus.
    Since when has rhetoric required a basis in fact? Just look at [human politician I don't like]!
    was the qualifier really necessary
  • yes

it was FUCKING crucial
    The "I don't like" part or the "human" part?

I suppose just "politician" would have worked as well...
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I think I remember something about horses being native to the Americas but dying out before Europeans got there.