WE DID NOT DIE

WE ARE TRAPPED IN A TIME VORTEX 

Post edited by Super Lazuli at 2012-11-04 01:08:28
Tagged:

Comments

• dammit Truant you were supposed to let Anonus get the 
  • i'm an asshole

a murderous asshole
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's bizarre that such an obvious bug could exist for so long in software like this.

I mean, it only lasts an hour, but it's pretty crippling to any kind of conversation...
  • you need to resynchronize the timelines!

it is dangerous to do so alone! take this picture!

• It's bizarre that such an obvious bug could exist for so long in software like this.

I mean, it only lasts an hour, but it's pretty crippling to any kind of conversation...

It's bizarre that such an obvious bug could exist for so long in software like this.

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Thats weird because the forum was okay for me last sunday
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

The glitch happens when the server changes time, not when the user changes time.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

The glitch happens when the server changes time, not when the user changes time.
    fair enough
  • edited 2012-11-04 07:00:02
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The stupidest thing about this glitch is that it would be easily avoidable.

Mouse over the timestamp on any post and look at the URL: each post is already assigned a sequential number.

If the software sorted the posts by those numbers instead of relying on the timestamps, you'd easily be able to account for the fact that 1:00-1:59 is repeated one day a year!
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

Timezones screw up software all the time.

I think usually because people make software that seems perfectly functional and kinda forget to account fo a thing that happens twice a year. Seriously, I think Leep year gets more consideration.

But yeah, timezones, and daylight savings time often get over looked when stuff is built and then bad things happen.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Always handle time as UTC internally and convert it only when needed. That solves a lot of problems.
    lee4hmz said:

Always handle time as UTC internally and convert it only when needed. That solves a lot of problems.

Yeah. Whoever came up with Unix time had the right idea.
  • I'm'a forward this thread to Unknown_Entity to see if he can figure out what went wrong.