So i went to the library

edited 2012-10-27 19:42:26 in General
And i was going through the popular music section and you'll never believe what i found.

Comments

• What's a 'library'?
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Then Friday dropped her cigarette butt in Alexandria, and the next thing you know...
  • >popular music
    >Merzbow
    >popular
    >popular

ahahahahahaha fucking what

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

What's a 'library'?

you know, whenever there's ever a mention of a library on the internet, there's always this response following

it's inescapable, like event horizon of a black hole
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Kinda surprised it was Friday who said it.

I walked by the library today. They could not help me...Unless Libraries have changed in the years I've been and rack of lamb is now a thing they loan out...

...Not having a car sucks. Especially with Portland weather.
  • Justice42 said:

Kinda surprised it was Friday who said it.

Really?  You're surprised?  Really?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    libraries are hella cool
  • edited 2012-10-27 22:30:26
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    They certainly can be, yes.

My school's library has a little art museum on the top floor. It's even open to the public.
  • I haven't been to a public library for years though I used to love using the computers there and scouring for music.  I remember utilizing the university library to the point where it was a second home.  Many of the core books for my course were far too expensive to purchase and would often outlive their usefulness after one module.

I made the previous statement because it just seems as though many of its uses can be found on the web these days.

When my daughter is a little older I look forward to taking her on trips to the library.

My school's library has a little art museum on the top floor. It's even open to the public.
    - Fuck yeah.

I remember utilizing the university library to the point where it was a second home.

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^ Thirded.
    The University of Oregon library is open to students 24 hours from the third Monday of each term through the end. I wonder if that's to prevent people like us from living in the library to avoid paying rent.
    I kinda miss having a big library that I could go to almost anytime...I mean, you can find lots of stuff on the interwebs, but usually not entire books.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    How did I not see this topic when it was first posted? This thread was basically made for my amusement.
  • >popular music
    >Merzbow
    >popular
    >popular

ahahahahahaha fucking what

This post took the words right out of my mouth.

Freakin' LOL.