Overuse of "Rise" in pop culture

edited 2012-10-25 20:39:40 in General
Rise of the Silver Surfer, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Rise of the Guardians, The Dark Knight Rises, Rise of the Argonauts...

The Dark is Rising, Troy Rising...

Was there a meeting where it was determined that "Noun gets stronger" is the story audiences want most?

Comments

• edited 2012-10-25 20:41:54
    Rise, Rise: Origins, Rise Revelations, Rise: Rising, the reboot Rise...
  • edited 2012-10-25 20:42:46
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Is it weird that I mentally put "IJBM:" in front of the title even though that's a different place from here?

Then again, I have been lurking there a bit more often recently.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    You're right, we need more "fall"s and "decline"s.

Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Decline of the West, etc.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Decline of this thread (by you posting in it)
  • Rise of the Fallen II: The Reckoning
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

You're right, we need more "fall"s and "decline"s.

Well that's a gibbon.
    ^ha ha, good Havenpost
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    ^^ Made of win!
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Speaking of rising...

• The sadness will last forever.
    Rise of the zombies
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Skyfall?
    I think it has to do with male performance anxiety
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    The Return of the Revenge

• You're right, we need more "fall"s and "decline"s.

Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Decline of the West, etc.

haha, "The Dark Knight Declines" love it.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    "Batman Falls Down"
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Attack of the Falling Declines
    Batman Has Fallen And Can't Get Up
    The Dark Knight Fell For Hours

Good Thing He Found a Magic Balloon
    Batman Steps on a Rake
  • Batman keeps falling down these stairs.
    The Joker Takes a Baseball to the Boner

karl keeps falling down these stairs
  • God damn those glorious beards.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Rise of the glorious beards! 
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
  • I have a thing for beards.  The amount of monies I give to a homeless person is completely dependent on the length and bushiness of the beard.  Also, it is from my personal experience that homeless people are very proud of their beards.

Say for example, this homeless mans beard would probably earn him at least $2:

I think he had to fight a goat to the death for the sake of adopting a Child in a third world country. He was forced to wear the goat carcass as sign of his victory, as well.
    @Friday: How much for this man?

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Like this?

NOBODY WILL GET THIS JOKE
    The poor girl's been overused in pop culture so much that she moved to a small town in the middle of nowhere to escape.
  • Gilda said:

@Friday: How much for this man?

$7. if it was more bushy, $13.  Freakin hobos man, now they're starting to dress up for their money.
  • See, if it was more like this hobo beard:
    We're looking at $13+
    And an additional quarter for making the effort to braid it.

Like this?

NOBODY WILL GET THIS JOKE
    The file-name helps.
    Rise from your grave!