How to drive Anonus insane

Comments

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    What's the story behind the Pepsi logo, anyway
  • ...is it sad that I know exactly why these are not good
  • I know a girl who believes that they put antifreeze in Pepsi.

To keep it from freezing, you see.

:V

• lol Pepsi totally freezes

generally the results are not pretty
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I saw WDIV in Detroit show a backwards NBC peacock during the Olympics.

It was during an in-program ID; its beak was even backwards too! Made me wonder how they managed to screw up the logo's direction.
  • edited 2012-10-21 20:21:59
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    ^^^But but...if you put Pepsi in the freezer it FREEZES!

Why would anyone...

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

...is it sad that I know exactly why these are not good

No, that's awesomeness.

Is the first one too subtle?
  • Tre said:

...is it sad that I know exactly why these are not good

No, that's awesomeness.

Is the first one too subtle?
    Not subtle enough! :P
  • lol Pepsi totally freezes

But but...if you put Pepsi in the freezer it FREEZES!

Welcome to Pennsylvania.

Also, I should note that around here no one refrigerates their soda anyway. Because I live in a fucking weird part of the country.

Welcome to Pennsylvania.

Also, I should note that around here no one refrigerates their soda anyway. Because I live in a fucking weird part of the country.

Why would anyone drink room temperature soda

that's like eating breakfast cereal with water and not milk
  • edited 2012-10-21 20:26:59
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Maybe they're soda connoisseurs who thing that a fine soda, like a fine wine, should not be served at too low a temperature. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

I saw WDIV in Detroit show a backwards NBC peacock during the Olympics.

It was during an in-program ID; its beak was even backwards too! Made me wonder how they managed to screw up the logo's direction.
    Funny, when I made that one I was careful to keep the beak pointing the right direction.

I'd say "inattentiveness" but that just explains why someone didn't catch the mistake, not why it was flipped to begin with...
  • Maybe they're soda connoisseurs who thing that a fine soda, like a fine wine, should not be served at too low a temperature. 

This is actually a point of contention among soda enthusiasts.

I personally think that standard refrigeration temperature is fine, but some of these Jones Soda people would disagree with me.

And it's not that, it's just....I don't know, it's a Poconos thing. I don't get it either. I think there's still something in the water up here from the Zinc plant that closed years ago.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    As a Pennsylvanian, I always refrigerate my soda.

Just sayin'
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

You know, I think I've had Jones soda at not quite fridge temp, and I kinda get what they're saying.

Though, I don't pay enough attention to soda to figure out if they should go in the regular fridges or my wine fridges. 
  • See the thing about Jones Soda is that it's terrible.

It's like the entry-level hipster music of soda.

• See the thing about Jones Soda is that it's terrible.

I don't know you anymore
  • Seriously, if you want like artisan-quality soda, you're pretty much stuck with a couple local brands.

Jones Soda's only real appeal is in its weird flavors, and most of those lose their novelty pretty fast.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Justice42 said:image

Shintaro Kago makes the best reaction images
    EVERYTHING.

Also, the kerning, alignment and sizing on those logo mockups are frigging awful.

Jones Soda's only real appeal is in its weird flavors, and most of those lose their novelty pretty fast.

emptyquoting for truth 
  • edited 2012-10-21 20:44:03

i don't know how i put up with you people.
  • edit: that was very strange

• Thing about Jones Soda is that no one is really going to buy Pine Soda consistently because they like the taste. Or Turkey Soda. Or any of those things. Which is how Jones makes 95% of its sales. Their terrible novelty flavors.

Their more normal ones aren't very good. You can get most of them from A-Treat anyway, and at least A-Treat doesn't hyperinflate their prices to appeal to hipsters.

i don't know how i put up with you people.

Honestly speaking, Sam's Club Cola is better than Jones'
    I would buy pine soda for the flavour if it were done properly, but I like weirdly flavoured things that make people make weird faces, so I don't count.
  • Pine as in Pine-Needle?

Well they have Dirt flavor too, if you're interested.

• I kind of enjoy their root beer.

It's no Barq's or Virgil's but at the very least it's at an A&W quality. Better than Mug for sure.
    Tre said:

I kind of enjoy their root beer.

It's no Barq's or Virgil's but at the very least it's at an A&W quality. Better than Mug for sure.

Yeah, as far as commonly available root beer goes, Virgil's is top-tier. Jones is just flavored carbonated sugar water in comparison. 
    Yes, I mean pine as in the tree. I enjoy the aroma of pine needles and pitch, and I do think that they could translate into something pleasantly potable if properly prepared.

Virgil's make amazing root beer. It's smoky and thick and tastes warm even when it's ice-cold. I love that.
    I remember a few years back reading from North Korea's news agency about a "breakthrough" new energy drink (very "efficacious", their words) derived from pine needles. From the country that gave their starving people tree-bark kimchi

Well that's depressing...

Can we go back to talking about how mind-blowingly awesome Virgil's is?

Thomas Kemper also made an awesome Ginger Peach Soda that I never find. >:/

Also, Cock and Bull is nice to have on its own or if I want to completely obliterate the taste of whatever liquor I'm having with it. It might even be able to mask the horrid taste of Early Times Bourbon. 
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Pine soda? I'd probably drink that, considering Pepsi is close to being that anyway. :P
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  • I actually had IRN BRU the other day, because we sell it in our imports section. Basically tasted like a creamsicle, but it wasn't refrigerated so it was pretty godawful.

Also not worth the $2.99 a single bottle is after import.

• that should be kerning is AN art

/point-missed
    It's like that old thing

PARIS IN THE
    THE SPRING
  • the attack of the the eye creatures
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I'm going to Kill you, Impact!

• This sentence is written in Courier New.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-10-22 17:13:26
    That's because it's a picture of a pipe, not a real pipe. It's just a projection.

To be more specific, it's a projection of an image of a painting of a pipe being displayed on your screen via a network of interconnected devices, but it is never, nor will it ever be, a physical, existent pipe.
    Tre said:

That's because it's a picture of a pipe, not a real pipe. It's just a projection.

I find it kind of hilarious when people don't get that. It's a marvelous little pun.