Wrapped up like a douche, another roller in the night (Misheard Lyrics Thread)

edited 2012-10-14 05:42:49 in General Media
I made one of these on IJBM a few months ago, but we're sillier so we need one too. Of course, I'm using all examples I've used before but that's beside the point.

While listening to the radio in the car I remembered it's all too easy to hear like a drifter I was born to wear cologne in "Here I Go Again".

The 12-year-old in me likes to change the phrase "make it" for "naked" in certain lyrics.
  • "Livin' on a Prayer": Take my hand, we're naked, I swear!
  • "Tonight, Tonight": I don't know if we're naked, but watch how good I fake it
See? Mildly amusing! ^_^

As for the one in the thread title: Most sources I've seen say that the proper lyric, at least to Manfred Mann's cover of the song, is revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night. The original Bruce Springsteen version had the first part as cut loose like a deuce, which, you know, actually rhymes. Why they changed it is anyone's guess.

Comments

• I AM AN OWL

SILENCE YOU NARWHAL

I HAVE A BOMB

(HEY)

I HAVE A BOMB

(HEY)

OPEN GUNDAM STYLE

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Stairway to Heaven

And there's a wino down the road
    I shoulda stole his Oreos!

• I swear he's saying something about pinkie pie
  • open condom style
  • edited 2012-10-21 06:54:44
    What the lyrics actually are (Afterlife by A7X):

"Of your afterlife here, so stay, you'll be back here soon anyway"

What I hear:

"Hope you'd rather feel so stale, you'll be back here soon anyway"

What the lyrics actually are (Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard):

"Love is like a bomb baby c'mon get it on,
    Livin' like a lover with a radar phone,
    Lookin' like a tramp like a video vamp,
    Demolition woman can I be your man?
    Razzle 'n' dazzle 'n' flash a little light,
    Television lover baby go all night,
    Sometime anytime sugar me sweet,
    Little miss innocent sugar me yeah, yeah!"

What I hear:

"Yellin' like a bomb, baby, come and get it on,
    Livin' like a lover with a radar phong,
    Looking like a tram, like a video van,
    Demolition war, can I be your man?
    Razzlin' and dazzlin' and flash a little lay,
    Television gunner baby, good old nay,
    Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet,
    Little missy innocent, sugar me, yeah, yeah!"
  • edited 2012-10-14 20:24:47
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "One Way Ticket" by Leeann Rimes (I hear this sometimes on my mom's favorite radio stations)

What the lyrics actually are: "And buy a one-way ticket on the westbound train"
    What I hear: "And buy a one-way ticket on a west town drain"

It doesn't help that when I listen to songs on the radio, I tend to tune the lyrics out and sometimes make them sound like gibberish in my head.
  • edited 2012-10-14 20:27:42

> 2012

> Listening to the radio

/joke
  • There's actually a couple songs on the radio I've been digging lately.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Hey, I still listen to the radio, but mainly for news and sports, not for music. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I still listen to the radio because I spend a lot of time in a car with no CD player.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I listen to the radio because my dashboard melted, however the radio miraculously survived.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Justice: How'd that happen, pray tell?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    IT'S A MEEM

I stopped listening to the radio, it has the same "OH GOD TURN IT OFF" effect on me that TV does.
  • One day I'm gonna stop watching tv and read more. maybe when I stop having to read cuz of school. School kind of makes me hate reading.

So, someone wanted a rapped douche? You should meet my ex he raps lol
    /totes hilar joke