Laws Central Avenue will make when she becomes Supreme Queen of the Everywhere

edited 2012-09-19 17:13:28 in General
Radio stations that can be tuned in a car may not use car horn sound effects in bumpers or advertisements. Yes, this includes during your traffic reports.

Any person wishing to use the word "tonight" in pop song lyrics must first apply for a permit. Permits will be granted only if the songwriter can demonstrate that the word is not being used as filler.

The name of a television show may not be displayed onscreen as a hashtag unless the episode contains 140 characters or less of dialogue.

Network executives who implement pop-up ads during TV shows are required to wear electronic glasses that show pop-up ads in real life.

The Supreme Queen of the Everywhere will now hear the people's proposals for further laws and regulations.

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

The name of a television show may not be displayed onscreen as a hashtag

Wait, this happens? :o
  • Any person wishing to use the word "tonight" in pop song lyrics must first apply for a permit. Permits will be granted only if the songwriter can demonstrate that the word is not being used as filler.

Hey, don't stop me now.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Fouria G said:

The name of a television show may not be displayed onscreen as a hashtag

Wait, this happens? :o
    BBC America's airings of Doctor Who do it, and I think Fox does it with some of their shows as well.
  • edited 2012-09-19 17:55:38
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I've seen it happen sometimes. Off the top of my head, I remember NCIS and Psych doing that at some point.
  • edited 2012-09-19 18:05:39
    I'm just here to gay the place up

Bisexualism will be mandatory. Especially in regards to really cute guys :P And doubly so if they wear tight jeans and can really pull the look off!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ I will do my patriotic duties to the best of my ability! *salute*

This should be a law, Your Majesty.
  • I think that drinking giraffe saliva out of a plastic imitation coconut shell should be illegal.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    CA: I've seen actual banner ads in the lower third on Nats games on MASN, and on Jerry Springer on DC50.
  • Your majesty, can you please make a law against "One Tip of a Tiny Belly" ads?  The grammar is just too atrocious.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Also, any weight-loss ad with a line-art drawing of a morbidly-obese woman.
  • Bisexualism will be mandatory. Especially in regards to really cute guys :P And doubly so if they wear tight jeans and can really pull the look off!

Yum~
  • lee4hmz said:

Also, any weight-loss ad with a line-art drawing of a morbidly-obese woman.

Seconded.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ultra-skinny fashion models will be required to gain some weight

Auto-tune will be banned, and so will Nickelback

Development of food pills will be highly funded
  • I object to the banning of auto-tune.  It has its place.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It's not primitive, it's retro!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Everyone will fucking learn to cook.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    MTV will recognize that any band with only boys is a boy band and begin referring to them as such
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis