My hate of d02 know no limit.

edited 2012-08-28 19:22:27 in Roleplay & Games
It fails in just about every aspect of a game,and it is more of a rule playign game than role playing game. 

Frist off it is way to liniar.You just get better in everyway.THere is no way in avoiding it.I mena no mater what you are, you have have hit points and levels.

It is over comlicated,and simplist at the same time. IT is harder to hit a mmman in plate armor.And hammers and swords tear chaim mail the same way. Then you have the detail of when you can atack,and what range weapons have,and how far you can move. 

Classes, are jokes. really.From how hits points.skill points,and bonus powers are moved about. In the end in boils down to this.

levle systems do not work.They may work on paper, but a level 12 fighter or even mag doesn't need to fear having a sword swung at them, or even getting stabed. Also with the way hit points work, your either fighting as if nothing happened or are out cold.Nothing in the middle. 

the flaw of rolling a d20 is also that the best fighter in the word, taking up his most magical sword, misses 5% of the time.ALso so all fighters are just as good with all weapons they use.We all know that training with hand to hand weapons will make you great with a bow.Also if your good with guns, you must know how to use a sword.

In the end, d20 is too many rules, and not enough rules at the same time.Has too many strick rules, while leaving many feild wide open with no reason. I am ranting here,and know this dosen't make much sense to many people.BUt in the end I would like to see one come with a good reason d20 is a good system.

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Someone should play GURPS...and...maybe go back to school while they're at it...
  • edited 2012-09-29 01:17:43
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
    I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.
    Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
    Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
    Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
    So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:
    (One-Handed Exotic Weapon)

1d12 Damage

19-20 x4 Crit

+2 to hit and damage

Counts as Masterwork
    (Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)

2d10 Damage

17-20 x4 Crit

+5 to hit and damage

Counts as Masterwork
    Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?
    tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.
  • edited 2012-09-29 01:26:19
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas don't deserve that. They deserve much, much less than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2, 400, 000 Yen (that's about $20, 000) and it only took me twenty minutes to break it. All I did was try to cut some cardboard with it.

Japanese factories have reduced the process of making a katana to take only a few hours to sell cheap shit to naïve foreigners.

Katanas are no where near as sharp as European swords and nowhere near as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana just bounces off of. A knight in full plate armor could
    probably break a katana with just his bear hands.

Ever wonder why Japan never bothered conquering medieval Europe? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined knights and their longswords of destruction with their cheap weapons. Even in World War II, American soldiers mocked the katana-wielding soldiers the most before shooting them.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the worst sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require appropriately bad stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon) 1d2 Damage x2 Crit -2 to hit and damage Counts as Improvised
    (Two-Handed Exotic Weapon) 2d2 Damage x2 Crit -5 to hit and damage Counts as Improvised

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do less damage in d20, see my new stat block.
  • edited 2012-09-29 01:31:13

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Our characters don't deserve stupid pointy sticks.
    They deserve guns.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself am a member of the NRA and own a large number of fully automatic weapons.

Swords are stupid metal sticks you hold in your hand. Guns can actually kill people. (*Though I guess a sword could too. WITH LAUGHTER*)

Ever wonder why Charlemagne didn't try to conquer the United States? That's right, he was too scared to fight soldiers with REAL weapons. Even in World War II, American soldiers killed things with projectile weapons, not unwieldy devices designed to compensate for a small penis.

So what am I saying? Swords are simply the worst weapons that the world has ever seen, and thus, require appropriately bad stats in the d20
    system. Here is the stat block I propose for Swords:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon) Suck my dick faggot
    (Two-Handed Exotic Weapon) Suck my dick faggot

Now that seems a lot more representative of the utter gayness of swords in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Swords are for faggots, see my new stat block.