ITT: We're in Oregon

edited 2012-08-05 14:50:44 in Roleplay & Games
Yay!

is there even anything fun here
Tagged:

Comments

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Powell's city of books
    OMSI
    Forest Park.
    Hoyt Arboretum
    The Oregon coast, esp. Tillamook
    Crater Lake

I could go on.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Yay!

is there even anything fun here
    nope
  • The sadness will last forever.
    hooray i can visit my cousin
  • is there even anything fun here
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Would you rather be in Idaho?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Wouldn't we all?
  • ^I guess. If you like eternal suffering
    What's that you said about Pennsylvania?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, if Imi and JZ were both in Idaho, it would at least be a fun place...
    I know, we are such party animals.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Junie B. Jones is a Party Animal
  • ^It's true.

^^We'd hold discussions about literature we've read.
    It would be a meeting of the minds.

With "COCKS" and "BOOBS" interludes every so often
    DON'T TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY
  • I just took it every way it could possibly go.
    You have no RESTRAINT
  • edited 2012-08-06 14:54:37
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Or, in some cases, both!
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    I'm not here cause I drowned on the way there

Would you rather be in Idaho?

In Lewiston, Idaho, the channel 19 on the CB is populated by people all over the town. It's like their IRC channel. I remember this because I was stuck there for three days; anyway one of the people is (was, maybe, this was a while back) a cranky old lady nicknamed Crochet who simply believed everything people told her. Like she would yell at the people all day and they'd yell back, and one of the ways people would troll her would be to threaten to install a jammer on her CB antenna. One guy was always I'M HEADING TO YOUR PLACE RIGHT NOW CROCHET TO INSTALL A CB JAMMER and she'd flip out and call the cops every time. 

So yeah you needed to know this
    Hahaha crazy Idahoians

Idahos

whatever
  • Would you rather be in Idaho?

In Lewiston, Idaho, the channel 19 on the CB is populated by people all over the town. It's like their IRC channel. I remember this because I was stuck there for three days; anyway one of the people is (was, maybe, this was a while back) a cranky old lady nicknamed Crochet who simply believed everything people told her. Like she would yell at the people all day and they'd yell back, and one of the ways people would troll her would be to threaten to install a jammer on her CB antenna. One guy was always I'M HEADING TO YOUR PLACE RIGHT NOW CROCHET TO INSTALL A CB JAMMER and she'd flip out and call the cops every time. 

I want to go to this place
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

Would you rather be in Idaho?

this sounds amazing
  • imi & JZ: Did yuu know: most people in the world, statistically, have either a cock or a boob.

• Its Idahoans. Because we're so cool.

Also, CF I would believe that. Also, Lewiston stinks and very few people like going there

Its Idahoans. Because we're so cool.

Also, CF I would believe that. Also, Lewiston stinks and very few people like going there

That was the second thing I was going to mention. That overwhelming stench that lingers over the town. On the CB I asked how to get to the refinery and they helpfully replied "just follow the smell!"
  • Yeah. It's notorious. Why did you have to go there?
    When I finished high school I gave long-haul truck driving a whirl. Did it for about a year, and then my Dad decided to have a meltdown and I had to quit driving to babysit his stupid ass. After that, I joined the Marines.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Hmmm, looking on Google Maps, I see a huge paper plant there (those can stink too) but not a refinery. Where exactly was it?
    That's right, it was a paper plant. I picked up three or four big damn rolls of paper to haul down to LA from that. Each of those rolls were about 9000 lbs each. 
    Ah, okay. When my family used to go to West Virginia all the time, the route took us past Covington, VA, where there's a huge Westvaco plant. You could smell it for miles.
  • The second worst smell I can remember coming from a single source was a Chicken butchery on the way to Knoxville, Tennessee.
    Around here, the worst smell you're going to find is probably the Blue Plains sewage plant in southeast DC. It's the largest sewage plant in the area and one of the largest of its kind (advanced nitrogen and phosphorus removal) in the world...and oh boy does it smell.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    We have a Zoo (that sucks) and a Japanese Garden (it's pretty swell) and a Chinese Garden (good if you can tune out the traffic, it's actually part of down-town).

There's some good places to eat in Portland.

Also, the things Gilda said.