Huntsmen

edited 2012-07-23 23:59:55 in Roleplay & Games
Okay, because my other attempt stumbled a bit in the beginning, I'm going to restart this.
Rules:
You are only allowed to post if you are a registered player. To do so, wait until a new character is introduced and name it. You will play that character from then on.
Please, no silly posts. I want this to be a relatively serious story.
Underneath this line, the story begins and all following posts will be in-character.
=================================
You are a sophomore at Darrensburg High. While in the middle of an
otherwise unremarkable math class, the power briefly goes out. After the
power comes back on, the principal tells your teacher through the
intercom to come to the teacher's lounge. That was five minutes ago. Your class is beginning to worry.
>Enter name

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are Carl Jung. What will you do?
  • edited 2012-07-24 00:19:13
    Sleeping. You miss it. You woke up at 8:30, and because classes start at 8:45, you had to forgo breakfast and anything related to hygiene and get dressed while driving. It wasn't fun.
  • >Pennsylvania Wainright, "Penny" for short
  • Reminiscing about your nonexistent breakfast serves to make you hungrier. It is at this moment you remember the candy bars you have in your backpack.
  • edited 2012-07-24 00:34:18
    Your teacher, Mr. Vale is... the only descriptor that you can think of for him is boring. You search your backpack for your candy. There are three Hershey Bars. Unfortunately, you were a bit loud, and now there are 24 pairs of eyes staring in one direction. You know one thing. You will defend your candy bars to your last breath.
  • Mr. Vale rarely interacts with the class. His lessons consist of pointing at the projector screen and giving around thirty minutes of homework time for the class. You like your other teachers a lot better.
  • It is October 8th, Sophomore year. Typical Monday. You have no idea what Mr. Vale was talking about before he left, and frankly, you are glad you have this opportunity to rest. Your school is adjacent to a large subdivision, an unofficial "rich district." All the preps live nearby. It's part of the reason you prefer to get to school late. You have no idea when it became cool to get to school at six, but you don't want to be the only non-prep in the school, especially not early in the morning. Your school is also within walking distance of downtown Darrensburg. The area surrounding your school is thoroughly urbanized.
  • edited 2012-07-24 02:42:18
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You only moved into this town recently. You used to go to a much smaller (and poorer) school. It was kind of culture shock moving into a place like this. Everyone seems so stuck up.

As was mentioned earlier, you aren't adjacent to anyone, so you move forward a seat and attempt to strike up a conversation with the person in front of you (although you have no idea why)

What will you say?
  • "Nice shirt."
    The person in front of you looks surprised for a second, then she smiles.
    "Ha. That's an odd way to introduce yourself."

What do you say?
  • edited 2012-07-24 02:55:23
  • edited 2012-07-24 02:58:33
    "Don't worry! I can do better! Hi, I'm Carl Jung, and I think everyone here is a douchebag. I intentionally sit at the back of the class so I won't have to here your vapid conversations about whatever stupid rich-kid crap is popular today."
    "Really now? I'm Laura. I haven't decided if I'm pleased to meet you yet."

Your teacher walks in. He appears to be sweating.
  • You aren't suicidal, and the class doesn't continue. Mr. Vale tells the class that he's leaving again, and that after he leaves that you need to lock the door and block it with your desks.
  • "Why do we have to do any of this?"
    He looks as if he's about to lie, but then decided not to.
    "A group of people is trying to break into the school."
    This just raises further questions, but he leaves before you can ask anything.
    Laura turns to you.
    "I suppose we're friends now? Seems like the right time for it."
  • "No thanks," you say to her. She looks upset.
    You walk to your desk, pull out some paper, and begin to plan.
    What do you do?
  • edited 2012-07-24 04:19:40
  • (You're going to need to be more specific, and do a little less with each command)
    As you attempt to fold the paper, you repeatedly fumble. You begin to nod off.
  • edited 2012-07-24 04:42:54
    Three students awake to find their classroom door barricaded and their teacher gone. These three students fell asleep for no apparent reason approximately 30 minutes ago.

STUDENT 1:
    >Enter name
  • Lyle J. Thomas.
  • Name accepted.

STUDENT 2:
    >Enter name
  • >Pennsylvania Wainright, "Penny" for short

• Name accepted.

STUDENT 3:
    >Enter name
  • Luigi Galvani
  • edited 2012-07-24 15:01:58
    Name accepted.

Lyle Thomas, Luigi Galvani, or Pennsylvania Wainright, what will you do?
  • >Lyle: Examine barricade.
  • The barricade consists of four desks that were apparently unoccupied, as none of your classmates are without a desk. The barricade is two desks wide and two desks long.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-25 02:24:22
    >Lyle: Look around at your classmates.
  • You don't know the majority of them, but you recognize your friend Penny.
    (also, please wait for another person to post a command)
  • Luigi: observe how shocked everyone is.
  • >groan groggily at this unexpected turn of events
  • Your groan is an overwhelming success.
  • Luigi: stimulate your taste for adventure and shove those desks aside, making you no longer nervous. Begin leaving the room.
  • As you do so, a fellow classmate grabs you.
    "What do you think you're doing? This is serious."
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-26 02:20:37
    >Lyle: Ask someone what happened while you were out.
  • At this moment, you realize just how shaken everyone in the class appears to be. Also, it appears as if a few students are missing. You get the attention of a fellow classmate.

"What happened when I was asleep?"
    The student is red-faced.
    "Mrs. Otov left to meet with some of the teachers in the teachers lounge about twenty minutes ago. Then some of the other kids got worried and set out to find her. How could you have slept through that?"
  • "Yeah, normally it wouldn't be that bad, but I dunno... this time it just seems, like, weird. It seems like there's going to be big problems down the line."
    The scared boy ends the conversation.
  • Luigi: become claustrophobic and go haywire.
  • You don't normally worry that easily (in fact, you pride yourself on how composed you usually are) but you start to go a little crazy.

In a more-or-less composed way.

• >Lyle: Get Luigi to stop spazzing out.