Has anyone made a Pinkie Pie version of "Call Me Maybe" yet?

edited 2012-07-20 01:20:39 in General
Hey, I just met you

And this is crazy

But my name's Pinkie

So party, maybe!
Tagged:

Comments

• I don't like that song.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Is that where that "and this is crazy" thing comes from?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I KNOW ABOUT A MEME

*internet genius*
  • edited 2012-07-20 02:06:07

^ ^ ^ ^ Does anyone?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    CA does, because it's girly.
  • It's not terrible.

I don't like have it memorized but I know it well thanks to overexposure. My sister outright hates the song so in my family it's become a bit of a giant in-joke caused by her annoyance.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's... average. Very twee. Nice, understated hook; stupid, corny wish-fulfillment lyrics; middling to positive teenybopper-pop production... Yeah. Average.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I quite like it, honestly.  It's nothing special but it's fun.

My brother pointed out the other day that there seem to be more songs about negative emotions than positive ones.  I'm not sure how far that's true but it holds up for my collection (whole albums of gloomy and aggressive songs, but I struggle to think of even one without at least one track that's at least a little sad).  An entertaining feel-good track is no bad thing.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Indeed, an entertaining feel-good track can be a lovely thing. I just prefer my entertaining feel-good tracks to have a bit more substance to them.

Then again, I find a lot of things uplifting that others find morose, so I don't know.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fouria G said:

I quite like it, honestly.  It's nothing special but it's fun.

More or less, yeah. It's not a great song in and of itself, but it's a fun one...
  • I agree with that, although I've only heard it a few times so I might not be annoyed with it due to overexposure.

Also I didn't realize it was actually a song until long after I saw my first parody of it, so.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    When I want entertaining feel good tracks, I go for Owl City.

And they tend to have just a wee bit more substance, if you ask me.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Owl City songs are beautiful.

But that's apples and oranges IMO, as they're completely different kinds of music.
  • As an aficionado of extreme music, I have to say Owl City is some of the most extreme music I've ever heard.