Let's Play The Extinction Game!

edited 2012-07-19 20:44:40 in General

It's like a creepypasta but unintentional.

I love the misanthrope in the comments, by the way.

Tagged:

Comments

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Psuedo self-criticism is the highest form of enlightenment, SL. 

OK, this book was made in England during the Cold War (if you're under twenty, go download the "Songs from the Big Chair" album if you don't understand the mindset at work here; but download it anyway because it is awesome). Still, WTF?!

And "Threads." You simply must see that movie. Your trip into England's cold war years is simply not complete without it. 
  • Well Corporal I think you might just be a pawn of the conspiracy to keep the TRUTH about our dinosaurid Wood Age atomic bomb killed by time travelers ancestors down!
    Interestingly enough, just 40 miles north of where I grew up where the Llano (the High Plains) dramatically drops in elevation, with all the inlets and ravines filled with literally millions of seashells. Mind you at the bottom of these ravines it's still 4,000+ feet above sea level. 

Dinosaurs put them there to fuck with us. Atheist dinosaurs.
    No, all dinosaurs were employed by the news media which means every single one of them were godless, and also why they went extinct. Nobody was minding the fields
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ...What the fuck...?

...Is it saying that... I just... That is horrible!

...I could have been a Dinoman!? Yet was born in THIS day and age!? Dammit, that's the REAL travesty here!
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    What about trips into Britain's cold war years? :(

Why is it always about the English? :(
  • Book about making papier mache' dinosaurs ends with a questionnaire highly reflective of the Cold War and the last question in the book is WHO WOULD YOU SAY THE MONSTERS ARE NOW? in very large letters.

Fun read for the kids, I'm sure.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Regardless of the evidence of such a thing, I think the greatest tragedy here is that no one has made a film of the dinosaur nuclear war that wiped them out. 
    They did but it was on BBC4 so only 15 very highly educated people watched it.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I might need to get a doctorate and move to Great Britain just to watch that.
    Well, you can also move to Northern Ireland to see it as well.