I normally don't eat breakfast, but....

edited 2012-07-07 06:43:58 in General

today I'm glad I decided to.

I was hungry, so I crept downstairs in the wee hours of the morning (about 6:20 AM) to scrounge up some waffles or something. Now I should note as far as I knew, we had like, nothing here to eat. It's been two weeks since anyone was at the grocery store. So after making myself some mix iced tea, I head to the freezer and start foraging. Now, I thought there would be waffles. There were none, so I'm digging through bag after bag of frozen corn, broccoli, carrots, and so on, dreading that I might have to eat raisin bran for breakfast, when what do I see, glimmering like a diamond in a coal mine?

A bag of instant soft pretzel nuggets.

I could not contain my joy, I practically dove into the freezer so hard I actually hit my head on the door handle, I tore them loose from their icy prison, rinsed them (you are in fact supposed to rinse instant soft pretzels, if you didn't know. So the salt sticks), salted 'em, and popped 'em in the microwave. Now, a few minutes later, I have let them cool while typing this, and it is time for me to indulge in salty, doughy bliss.

It may seem minor to you all, but understand A) I was really really hungry B) soft pretzels are easily one of my favorite foods in the world. So this was an unexpected bright spot after a really awful night. Sometimes it's the little things, y'know?

I hope you have all had as good a start to your day, Heapers.

Comments