Did you know Vriska Serket owns a gas station?

edited 2012-06-30 21:02:24 in General

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    She's got lots of irons in the fire.
  • -gets canekind-

What, one backstabbing not enough to keep you down?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The fact that the superscript "9" became an "8" as well amuses me. It has all seven segments even though it's never going to (intentionally) display anything but a 9.
  • Is the 9 superscript there to say that the price listed is only 9/10 of a gallon?

If so, then gas stations are some greedy frakkers.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Actually it's 9/10 of 1 cent.

Weirdly precise? Probably, but every gas station I know seems to do it...
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Vriska hopes to catch the truly desperate, 
  • In that case it's kind of amazing that they don't round up.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    In that case it's kind of amazing that they don't round up.
    They're playing off human psychological tendencies. 

Not everyone process $3.49 and nine  tenths a cent as basically "$3.50" it's the same reason stores sell things for $4.99. For some reason it just doesn't quite click that's almost exactly $5.
  • I never knew that that last digit could read anything other than a 9.
    I was thinking about that myself. There doesn't seem to be much point to it, does there?

My guess is that the sign company orders those LED units from a supplier that manufactures them for various purposes, and it's probably cheaper to buy a standard seven-segment LED digit than to have a fixed "9" custom-made.

But that's just speculation on my part.
  • IT'S SO 8EAUTIFUL!
  • IT'S OVER EIGHT DOLLARS!!!!!