Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion (Spoiler Warning)

edited 2012-06-21 19:04:51 in General Media
Cresselia, Regigigas, Regirock (and likely Regice and Registeel), potentially Heatran, Uxie (and potentially Azelf and Mesprit), Latias (and possibly Latios as version exclusives), Kyurem (aDURR), and Zekrom/Reshiram (White 2 and Black 2 respectively) seem to be available

Kyurem LITERALLY fuses with Zekrom/Reshiram. As in you use an item and they fusion dance or some shit

The legendary musketeers either have something to do with the plot or have become lawn ornaments as they just stand around on random routes

The new professor is one of the Plasma Bosses (I KNEW it! NOBODY can look like Wesker in a game and NOT be evil!)

After you beat the game you can change the difficulty (Why not at the start? No fucking clue)

Iris is now the E4 Champion

Ghetsis retains his motherfucking Hydreigon

And the worst thing:

STEALTH ROCK IS A MOTHERFUCKING MOVE TUTOR MOVE!

Comments

• edited 2012-06-21 19:29:30
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Today is a big day for Pokémon news, it would seem. I was tempted to avoid spoilers, but then I remembered that I spoiled the big plot twist with Ghetsis at the end of Black and White 1. A few spoilers here and there couldn't hurt.

COMMENTS!

I'm actually really happy to see Latios and Latias. I really want to try them out, since they're two of my most favorite Legendaries.

I'm not too surprised about Achroma. The guy gave off a huge "I'M DEFINITELY NOT A VILLAIN" vibe.

Iris has Lapras and Archeops on her team, apparently. She and I apparently share similar tastes in Pokémon. (Yeah, I know it's because they look like dragons, but still.)

You can change the difficulty at the start ... if you have a friend IRL who's already beaten the game and can give it to you. Oh well.

Crmirnauc said:

STEALTH ROCK IS A MOTHERFUCKING MOVE TUTOR MOVE!

D:

That is all.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Red is in the World Tournament feature

Guess he couldn't resist the lure

...He'd BETTER remain a god damn mute
  • edited 2012-06-23 10:46:57
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Speaking of Generation I characters, rumor has it that Sabrina is a Pokéwood actress. The evil queen in the fantasy movie scenario does look a lot like her. But I wouldn't say for sure just yet.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ I wonder if she threatens to shrink the world? 8D?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Wow. For completing the National Dex, you get an item that makes it more likely for you to find a Shiny. Not too bad a reward for the task.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Yeah, it IS nice to get a reward for the national dex for once

I still want to know what the mechanics behind it are, however
  • edited 2012-06-24 12:13:40
    Good question. And I don't think we know how much it increases the chance, either. The Masuda method makes it six times more likely, so how would it compare to that?
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Motherfucking stealth rock WHY
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Well, on the plus side, the Snivy family gets Aqua Tail, Iron Tail, and a few new Dragon-type moves all in one convenient place. Can't say I'm displeased with that.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ Serperior may actually be viable
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Keldeo's Resolution Forme is the biggest load of bullshit

Keldeo is the only Pokemon that can freely switch forms yet gains nothing from it. No new attacks, no new stats, no new typing, not even a different ability! A regular Keldeo in Black and White knowing Secret Sword is no different from a Resolution Forme Keldeo!
  • edited 2012-06-27 11:22:56
    Crmirnauc: About your post on Iris's new design in the other thread. Apparently in one of the flashback scenes that you get if you link up with your BW1 game, it's revealed that Iris's princess outfit was Drayden's idea. So, she could just be wearing it for him and not because she let her new title and fame go to her head.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ Ok, it's gone from her going down a few pegs in my mind to D'AWWW!

...And you saying Princess JUST caused it to click. Princess. Trapped in a tower. Because dragons