Le Zelda Discussion Thread

edited 2012-06-14 01:37:24 in General Media
Exactly what it says.

Favorite Zelda game? I got Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening tied.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Majora's Mask was the last one I played.

A Link to the Past is my traditional favorite. Although Ocarina of Time had a pretty significant effect on me as well.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Moved to General Media.
    ANSWER THE QUESTION
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Sorry, I just visit All Discussions all the time. My bad.

Anyway, I like ALttP and OOT and all, but they feel kind of boring sometimes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Zelda II is cool in its way, although a tad too difficult, I think.

Someday I want to play through ALttP again. I feel like that's something I should do every so often. Every ten years or something
  • Zelda Symphony tickets are sold out in my state.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:
    I really oughta play through all of my Zelda games. Including the extra copies whether through a remake, port, or whatever version is available.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I still need to play through Twilight Princess, which I've barely touched.
    What versions do you have? I beat the GCN version myself.

I have it for the Wii.
  • edited 2012-06-14 02:30:16
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the entire internet said

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT LEGEND OF ZELDA

• Well, thankfully there's another symphony going on in September I believe. So I'm not completely screwed over after all.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm going to the symphony next month. Awesome.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Majora's Mask is the best

LTTP/Skyward Sword is the second best

OoT is the 3rd best

WW is the 4th best

All imo ofc.
  • I remember people disliking Zelda 2, mostly because it was radically different.

>_>

Darn kids.
    Some of us were too poor for a NES :(
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    finished second quest of the first Zelda game krew represent
  • edited 2012-06-14 10:12:28
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    The only Zelda games I actually own are the DS games and Skyward Sword. Phantom Hourglass was okay, but I had a lot more fun with Spirit Tracks. I haven't actually gotten around to playing Skyward Sword much, but I like what I've seen of it so far. Now if only I was better at the motion controls. :P

As for the other games I've seen, I like the Oracle games and Majora's Mask. I'm also curious about Wind Waker, and I actually kind of like Zelda II.
    I only finished the first quest of the original game.

I know my sister finished the second quest. She had determination
  • edited 2012-06-14 11:33:00
    I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Gatorade: Best way to solve that issue is to either download games for the VC or go to a second-hand store and get some more games. :D

Justice: Ah, nice. I only played the GCN version. Loved it. Albeit, it was a lot of fun. I thought it could be better in some ways, but it was still a great game.

Majora's Mask is the best

LTTP/Skyward Sword is the second best

OoT is the 3rd best

WW is the 4th best

All imo ofc.
    OH MY GOD! You don't think OoT is the best Zelda game evar?! WHAT THE HELL?!

*Wipes the Cheeto residue off on his shirt, adjusts his coke-bottle glasses, and types an angry rant on his blag*

;)
    Justice42 said:

Justice's faux rant

I honestly found OoT to be shallow
    It is shallow, but still good fun.

I need to play Major's Mask, bit it wouldn't surprise me if it had more going for it than OoT. OoT is just often considered the most influential and had a large impact on the gaming community.  

If one compares the games in the absence of considering this, I'm sure there's room for it not to be on everyone's #1 slot.

And hey! I just managed to defend someone ELSE not putting OoT as their #1 Zelda game without straw-manning my opponent. 

Who'd of thunk it?

Yes, I know the other thread got close, but this excess bile and venom has to go SOMEWHERE. 
    Yeah, compared to Majora's Mask, OoT is just "shallow". The NPCs in OoT are flatter than the Netherlands for instance...
    Yeah, OOT overall is shallow to me. The innovation is cool, but I like Wind Waker's style better. The only thing that I really find awesome about it is... the horse-riding. Which TP did better later on.

It's still a great game, but I just can't find it "awesome" at all.
    OOT was the first 3-D Zelda game, and that in itself was very attention-getting. It gave players a large three-dimensional world to explore, which at the time was enough to blow a lot of minds. I think the later ones had to try harder with the characters and story etc. because they didn't have that "whoa, this is something I've never seen before!" going for them.
    Well, Wind Waker had the boat stuff, which was new, atleast.

Twilight Princess.... best thing I can see is the Double Clawshot and 3-D version of the Bomb Arrows. Those had unique properties.

I always wondered why no one seemed to mind when you broke in their house and broke/stole all their stuff

There was a character in Wind Waker who made you pay for breaking his clay jars, I'm sure it's caught MANY players off guard as they're used to running in and smashing people's shit.
    whoa
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

It caught me off guard.

then he got replaced by that creepy guy and that caught me off guard even more

his laugh ;_;

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Link callously breaks another pot in a fellow Hylian's home.

Heh.

• The sadness will last forever.
    Yay Zelda!
    ...is that 8-bit Link in the back?
    Yes, yes it is.
    That is one impressive cosplay
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

So when Link defeated Ganon he was, what, 14?

Impa then tells the tale of how this Zelda was put to sleep by evil wizard for not revealing the location of the Triforce of Courage. All princesses since then have been named Zelda in her honor.

So what the heck happened to the first Zelda Link rescued?
    Ah, the Zelda II instruction manual. How I've missed you.

Yeah, the series stopped making sense at that point.
    It started making sense? :P