Chernov the Chemist

edited 2012-06-02 02:04:18 in General

this guy created modern metallurgy with his bare goddamn hands

you owe all of modern society to him, and his discovery of polymorphous transformations in steel and the iron-carbon phase diagram probably saved the world from exploding due to a lack of those things i just said

Comments

• edited 2012-06-02 02:10:55
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I'm not sure we ow ALL of modern society to him. There's other pretty important dudes that contributed.

I for one am pretty happy that my family, our pets, and I can get infections and just take a pill that will make us not die.

So...hurray for Alexander Fleming
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

and how do you think alexander fleming harnessed the mighty power of penicillin, changing the very laws of physics himself, and shaping reality in his hand not unlike a lump of clay

with a goddamn steel glove, that's how

• edited 2012-06-02 02:25:06
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Man, I'm not trying to start a historical pissing contest. I get enough of that from Duedliest Warrior. And I have no doubt that Chernov can kick Fleming's ass (you can pretty much gleam this just from their names).

I just think owing all of modern society to one person is kinda a hard line to tow. 

Yes, I get hyperbole. Also, shut up hypothetical posts suggesting I don't. 
  • edited 2012-06-02 02:31:26
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

it's not JUST that he could kick fleming's ass

without chernov, we'd all be living in caves, banging rocks together

he invented fire, you see

now do you realize how chernov single-handedly remade society into his own hopes, his own dreams for a better tomorrow

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

He apparently invented time travel...
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    no he didn't, he invented cloning though. every time he died, a new clone with all his knowledge and personality would take his place. kind of like doctor who, but more russian and less time travel

I think Lex Luther did that once or twice...

DC probably stole the idea from Chernov, though.
    Chernov invented DC after he had perfected fire.

First comes fire, then Batman.

Nice to see he had his priorities straight. 

well, you need fire before you can make batman,

he was truly a visionary