The Trash Heap Ballroom

edited 2012-05-28 14:20:13 in General
It took a year and a half, went $30,000 over budget, and apparently the wiring still doesn't meet city code, but it was all worth it in the end.

Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else, I present to you...THE TRASH HEAP BALLROOM!

what are we going to use this place for

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    I dunno.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    balling
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The CG in this scene looked so cool

Back in 1991
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    The main usage of the Ballroom is to be a landing pad for the Gallery.

When both rooms are in play it makes for a fantastic shortcut down to the ground floor, even if you have to take some damage to do so.

/obscure joke no one will get
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Bowling.
  • maybe we could dance to that one Gotye song that sounds like it could be used in a sexy tango

or something
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

The CG in this scene looked so cool

Back in 1991

I dunno, personally I thought that CG held up pretty well, considering it's 20 years old. At the very least, I think it meshes pretty well with the style of animation used throughout the rest of the movie.
    It still looks good. But in 1991, when I was a young lad and CGI wasn't so widespread, it looked extra good. Y'know?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Makes sense.

...Why did I think the Trash Heap needed a ballroom? I can't dance!
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Oh, c'mon!

You can dance if you want to.

...You can leave your friends behind.

Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they ain't no friends of mine!

But but...

I can't dance!

I can't talk!

Only thing about me is the way I walk...
  • I didn't understand the obsession with this random song until I started listening to it.

Yeah, I get why now, this is amazing.