We're not a team, we're a time bomb! (Avengers discussion)

edited 2012-05-19 10:09:10 in General
'cus the other spinoff has one too.

Anyways, feel free to discuss anything Avengers-related here. So I'll get more than dead air, here's something to start it off: what were Loki's powers again? I got down mind-control and illusions (the latter being his only power retained from Thor), but I forgot the rest. I think he could also shoot lightning from his Gungnir replacement?
Tagged:

Comments

• Nigh-invulnerability is also there.
  • edited 2012-05-19 10:50:46
    Yeah, but the only noticeable instance of that was when he got the shit beaten out of him by Hulk and looked relatively OK afterwards.

(As opposed to pre-Abomination Blonsky, who despite having all of Captain America's abilities still needed to recuperate for 24 hours after suffering a similarly harsh one)
  • They also shot him a million times at the begginning and he didn't get a scratch. And an arrow bomb exploded in his face, too.
  • Oh yeah, those.

You know, I'm starting to think that they're just using his nigh-invulnerability as an excuse to let bad things happen to him without him getting killed off unceremoniously. 
  • So, like all supervillains, you mean?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "Scheming" and being a good strategist is a pretty common villain ability. Even if it's not a Superpower, Loki has this, he seems especially good at manipulating people without powers.

Being a good tactical thinker seems to be a hero thing, I noticed Loki wasn't really barking orders at the end of the movie. 

Having someone like Captain America be really good at being able to win the battle when the villain finally puts the plan in motions seems like a good way to keep the pattern of "Villain cooks up plan, does well into it's time to fight the hero, then get his shit smashed."
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I liked the scene when Black Widow plays Will Graham to Loki's Hannibal Lecter. At the end of it, you're not quite sure of what just happened. Was she honest in trying to get Hawkeye back? Was it an act? How much of it was deceit, and how much was method acting? 

I thought that was interesting.
  • Personally I thought it was pretty clear she was conning Loki, but that's just my opinion.

That man is playing Galaga.

• -resumes playing Galaga after speech ends-