Outrageous Impact has hit!

edited 2012-05-13 21:13:23 in Artistic Pursuits
And it's gonna cause a catastrophic extinction event! Whoa!

My friend and I, we've started a new channel. It's called OutrageousImpact. Herein you'll find our old commentaries on Fist of the North Star, The Killer Shrews, and For Your Height Only, as well as new stuff like this:

Ever wanted to hear me yell the phrase "STAIRS UNTIL YOU PISS"? Subscribe and stick around; we'll have more stuff for you soon!

Comments

• edited 2012-05-13 21:53:55
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Yay, a new channel for your stuff!

For some reason, I am strangely amused by "STAIRS UNTIL YOU PISS."

I'm not surprised at all that you don't find gore scary, considering how big a fan you are of Mortal Kombat.

SCP-682 doesn't sound scary to me, either. It sounds like something I should capture and add to my Pokémon team alongside Feraligatr and Krookodile. Therefore, I like it for entirely the wrong reason.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Well, some gore can freak me out; vein trauma, like I said in the video, is a surefire way to get under my skin. But for the most part I find most gore too outlandish, or at least in the context of horror. A war movie or something like that will make it more powerful.

I shouldn't be surprised that you'd like SCP-682. Though it may try to eat Feraligatr and the others.
    We've got a new video on the way! Expect it today or tomorrow!
    HELL NIGHT!

I damage JuMer's calm, and we debut a shiny new intro clip!

• You guys are playing Hell Night?

duude

I fucking love that game.

It's seriously one of my favorite of all time.

That we are!

I apologize in advance for how bad JuMer is at it.
  • well, I can't actually watch it anyway. Not unless I want to tie up my entire internet for an hour while the vid loads.

However, I will watch it when I can.

"Yes, yes, good."

My reaction to getting views.
  • Dude, you two are hilarious.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Wow, that was a really fun watch. There are so many things I want to say about this. I don't even know where to begin.

I like how the voice you give Naomi is different each time. The first time it seemed to be a malformed hybrid of stereotypical Japanese and Irish accents, and the second time it sounded like the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged version of Tea Gardner. That was pretty funny.

When you mentioned that the game's Japanese name was Dark Messiah, the first thing I thought of was Megaman Battle Network. There's a secret Program Advance named that in a couple of the games.
    Thanks guys!

The Impact continues to be felt as we venture forth:

I didn't expect JuMer to upload this one so quickly. He's like a wild animal, that one. Can't be tamed.
  • Just watched parts 2 and 3. This is hilarious.
  • edited 2012-05-30 00:02:52
    Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    When you posted that, I had no idea he'd already posted part three. He's crazy, that guy!

In this part you hear me talking like Eridan for a little bit, laugh like a vampire at JuMer's expense, and we meet Frieza.
    If you're going to watch The Asphyx, you should watch it with us or with Jack Daniels.

• edited 2012-06-05 00:12:38
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    MORE THAN A MYTH... MORE THAN A MAYBE

I don't remember a "spirit of death" named Asphyx being a part of Greek mythology, either. And neither does Google, it would seem. The top results are this movie and a Dutch death-doom metal band.

Nice work, as always!
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Plutonium Fist is Seamus? Plutonium Fist is Seamus. Plutonium Fist is Seamus!

I am so damn clueless sometimes...
  • No more Hellnight stuff, eh? I'm guessing JuMer didn't want to go through all of those empty rooms all over again.

Ah, well, new stuff! Yeah!
  • edited 2012-06-05 02:06:33
    Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    We've got more Hellnight on the way. There's no way he's gettin' outta that one. Plus, he started liking it shortly after our last video.

And yes, I am Seamus. I don't have a dog face here.
    Annnnd, right on schedule:

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    So, I see The Asphyx part 2 has been posted. It certainly doesn't disappoint.

"My father is dying and I'm geniunely worried!"
    "STOP FREAKING OUT SO MUCH!" (ker-smack)
    Sorry for the lack of recent activity. Extenuating circumstances involving not one, but two public access stations and a hefty sum paid to MI6 (the amount will not be disclosed) have led to a drought of videos. We've got Hellnight Part 6 and the final Asphyx video on the way, and some other good stuff planned. Stay tuned.
    We're back, with what is one of my favorite movies we've ever watched!

Plus we've got a new one-shot video on the way!
    This is that one-shot.

• o hay I have not watched your guys play of Hell Night yet.

Is it not a boss game?

I will watch that after I catch up with videos from Cry-Cry.

I definitely enjoy watching Jumer play it; it's got some interesting stuff going for it so far. I dunno if Jumer likes playing it or not, but he's a mystery, that one.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    So when are you getting around to SCP-079
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I can't remember if I said it before or not, but 079 was always one of my favorites. I dunno how someone would incorporate it into a game, but I wish they would.

Hellnight is...somethin'. Somethin' I like.

That said, let's delve into the world of illicit drugs!

I'm chewing gum in this one.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A GIANT STONE FOOT
    How many toes are there? one two three four five Nope, that's not me.

More seriously, I could actually see you guys doing an LP of the SNES Clock Tower.
    JuMer started a Clock Tower Let's Play, but technical difficulties caused him to put it on hiatus. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, for sure.

Related! More scary stuff (not really):

• edited 2012-07-06 14:29:32
    Okay, so... You're looking for plaques that for some reason have the names of horrible acts written on them. But you also have to stay away from the searchlights so Voldemort doesn't find you and apparently murder you for some equally unkown reason... I can't help but feel confused at this.

The visuals reminded me of Mondo Medicals.
  • I have to say guys I don't care for your title card, but good videos otherwise.

And hide is a weird game. As I remember, there's no fifth location, so you can't actually win.

I can't remember if I said it before or not, but 079 was always one of my favorites.

*beams*
  • Was that the only SCP you wrote, CF?

also I'm watching the Hell Night videos now, I prefer it when people don't read out loud on screen text, but meh.

Also

"YOU are the Hell Night" is going to become hilarious later on. Trust me.

I wrote two others but they eventually got replaced. The other was one of those black caricatured "negro" lever-action piggy banks that were popular at the begging of the 20th century that would set of ambient sounds whenever a coin was inserted and that's all it did.  The other was an hourglass, which turned over, would toss into any random point in history from that exact location.  That one got replaced too
  • I remember the former.

"Weird technology" SCPs seem to be back in vogue, there's a living shortwave signal in the new series (1000-1999) and another about a creepy tape of Ronald Reagan that actually gave me nightmares.

Also you guys, you have no idea what you're getting into in this game, you just don't. It's...it's marvelous really.

There's a point at which it crosses from "weird, but pretty standard Survival Horror stuff" into "what the fuck is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis" and you will know when that point is crossed. Trust me, you just will.

From what I've been told, this whole SCP thing had turned into a gathering of annoying little dicks who set themselves to decide what's an SCP and what's not. I submitted all three of mine back when they existed entirely in the original /x/ threads when it was just a fun idea anons had and nothing more
  • It was very much like that for awhile. It's been getting somewhat better lately, but you still have a lot of conflicting ideas about what the Foundation "should" be, and a few of the people in charge are kind of assholes.

My favorite SCP of the new series is this one because seriously just what.

Also I like how SCP-1000 managed to make Bigfoot interesting.

• Wow you guys, you....you actually managed to lose Naomi before you even left the sewer.

GOOD JOB

also this is relevant but kind of spoilery, because of that see, you're now locked out of the good ending.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, I remember reading the SCP site at one point, and getting incredibly annoyed at some of the rules they had set, but then, I don't remember exactly what they were. This was a long time ago, clearly.
    Here's the other one-shot we did:

JuMer thought he'd get his revenge by making me play Hide, but at the time he didn't know that I'm immune to stupid things.
    Annnnd we're back! Daily uploads for the next few days.