Don't copy that floppy!

edited 2012-05-02 03:30:11 in General

If you were able to watch more than a minute and a half of that video you are made of stronger stuff than I.

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I love how you hear sounds coming from the game despite there being no speakers connected to the computer.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Floppy discs are funny looking. :D
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Back in sixth grade, we had to try and use WinZip to compress our PowerPoint presentations so they could fit on floppies.

Thinking about this makes me feel old, even though this was only 10 years ago.
  • edited 2012-05-02 03:43:04
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Man, copy protection these days is so boring and innocuous compared to what they had back then.

WELCOME TO THE END OF THE COMPUTER AGE
  • edited 2012-05-02 10:49:43
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh man, I remember having to cart everything around on floppies back in the day, since I was too po' to afford a Zip drive. My brother and I used to see how many random DOS utilities we could fit on a single 1.44 MB floppy, back in the day. This turned out to be pretty useful.

Oh, and the machine I'm typing this on at work has a floppy drive in it, despite being from the late 2000s. Wut.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    So if you see a game you like and you really wanna try it,
    Don't go to the store and buy it, just copy that floppy!

Wait a minute...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Funny how that video came out around the time Apogee and iD were encouraging that sort of thing... :lol:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I had a pirated copy of Star Control on floppy, I was a real bad dude.

Bad enough to copy floppies, anyway.
    Smoking, drinking, doing drugs? That's too much for me. I just copy floppies.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Maybe later. It's almost fourth period and I do not want to get caught out here.
  • edited 2012-05-02 11:51:36
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Floppies are still useful for a couple things, Lee.
    You can throw them at people like ninja stars.
  • I was thinking as a cheaper alternative to flashdrives to carry .txt files on. But that also works.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Lazuli: They are, mainly related to a few utilities that still require DOS to work (because no one likes EFI except Apple).
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I was thinking as a cheaper alternative to flashdrives to carry .txt files on.
    Except that most modern computers don't have floppy drives.
    Not to mention that floppy disks are much easier to ruin than flash drives.

Anyone else ever get that little metal slidey thing just bent enough to get the disk stuck in the drive? -_-
  • COPYING FLOPPIES FUNDS TERRORISM!  AND LEADS TO HARDER DRUGS!

my baby decided the video was poop worthy and took an early dump whilst watching intently.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Lain has good taste.