DOCTOR WHO in: Cleveland Rocks!

edited 2012-04-30 21:45:08 in General
(The TARDIS materializes in that one park that faces the lakefront. The Tenth Doctor and Rose step out.)

The Doctor: Ah, here were are! Just like I remembered it! Well, mostly like I remembered it at least. Could've sworn there was another "a" in the name...

Rose: Where are we? Is this America?

The Doctor: Oh, you know...The Forest City, the City of Rock-n-Roll, round on the ends and "hi" in the middle...

Rose: Cleveland? We have the whole of time and space to explore and you took me to...Cleveland?

The Doctor: Yeah...is something wrong with that?

Rose: Well, come on, I'm British and even I know Cleveland is shit.

The Doctor: Oh, come on, you don't believe all those jokes, do you?

Rose: What is that awful smell?

(The Doctor motions toward the lake.)

The Doctor: Oh, all right. I know it may seem like a big boring urban wasteland, but when you dig below the surface, cities like this one are fascinating. Once a huge industrial center, with all its industry long since withered away...there's a lot to discover in a dying city, you know.

(The Doctor and Rose sit on a bench. They wait in silence for about 7 and a half minutes.)

The Doctor: You wanna grab a burger?

Rose: I thought you'd never ask!

(They turn off and run towards the city, leaving Lake Erie behind them.)

TO BE CONTINUED

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Somehow, I imagine this crossing over with Amazon.com and the Insufferable Jackass.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    little do they know that lake erie is a space alien
  • CA, I'm telling you, collect all of this into a book and market it as bizarro fiction, the hipster kids will eat it up.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    So what's the threat? They just on a jaunt or something?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I didn't plan that far ahead. I keep thinking that aliens will be killing people off in an abandoned industrial area or something.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    You know what would be funny, if they wanted to go to Cleveland but ended up in Cleveland
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I didn't even know there was a Cleveland, England.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Now you do and the more you know :p
  • Oh god, how will the Doctor get out of this one?