The pros and cons of living in a fantasy setting

edited 2012-04-29 15:34:42 in General
The good news is that you can shoot fireballs, control the weather, summon a dragon, create barriers, dual wield a Chain Lightning spell and a flaming sword, revive the dead, shoot beams of pure mana, talk to animals, and heal yourself of any and all injuries.

The bad news is that everyone else can too.

Comments

• I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Well, screw this joint then, imma conjure up a portal to Equestria.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Everyone always stuff like "You can either live in the Kanto region, or Equestria, or the Marvel Universe", all the most obvious ones.

But I want to live in whatever universe The Brak Show is in, with statue planets and Cee-Lo Green aliens and Space Ghost.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I got the impression that it still sucks to be a peasant in most fantasy settings.

Mid level Adventures are sort of ridiculously wealthy by most people's standards in those settings. I think most people get by on a few copper a day, whilst an adventurer might thousands of gold worth of equipment, not to mention hard cash.

So, going by the same logic people go by when they talk about Marvel or DC, chances are, one would be a regular dude. And you'd basically be poor, but also there's a chance a dire badger will eat your face off.
  • edited 2012-04-30 00:29:46
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^Living on Ghost Planet would be bizarre. I don't remember very much of it being shown aside from the Ghost Planet Industries building and a bit of Space Ghost's house at times.

Oh wait, "Fire Ant". If it's that diverse then I wonder what the hell the usual barren setting is about.

The comics make parts of seem a little closer to our reality, but there's a bunch more weirdos in space, as well.

I wonder what "zapping" the guest actually does...

Though apparently just throwing a TV monitor into space that has your guests on it counts as "disposing of witnesses". 

That's a tad unsettling...
  • edited 2012-04-30 00:39:48
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I assumed that it follows cartoon physics, so humour > logic.

Either that or Space Ghost doesn't realize that destroying the monitor won't hurt the person it displays.

Heh, that's quite possible. 
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^Now you have me wondering how the monitor works. It's been taken outside of the studio at least twice (the aforementioned "Girl Hair" and "Flipmode")...