Kickstarter

edited 2012-04-26 17:11:31 in General

Comments

• edited 2012-04-26 17:27:05
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Whose doing was this, Myrmadek? Because it sounds like whoever created it has some serious issues. My comments are directed at the creator, and not you, so bear with me:

"dead genere [sic] of games [...] nobody wants to play"

You'd be surprised what people will play these days, especially if mobile devices are involved. As far as I'm concerned, no genre is truly dead when it comes to gaming unless it involves equipment or materials that aren't obtainable easily.

The cultural sensitivity thing I cna't comment on because I'm not familiar with either project. 

"targetting [sic] an audience [which] shouldnt be playing video games anymore": 

Now we're dealing with ageism? Go fuck yourself. Really. I'm going to be 35 soon, and I still love video games just as much as I did when I was 11. My mom is 57, she loves video games, and if someone like you told her she was too old for them and should go back to playing cards or board games, she'd tell you the same thing. 

Seriously, unless you're on a ratings board making this decision in the service of young children, you don't get to decide who deserves to play what, and neither should anyone else. Just because ageism isn't racism or genderism doesn't mean it's okay. And all this after you just made a big fuss about cultural sensitivity? Did you even proofread what you wrote?

• edited 2012-04-26 17:27:07
    Now to figure out whether Myrmidon is on this guy's side, or is posting because he thinks its ridiculous.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ewwwwwww
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Yeah, I'd say fuck that guy.

I'm personally quite excited, given that I fucking love Adventure Games and Double Fine is a cool company.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Dick: Almost certainly the latter, I'd say.
  • My problem with the Double Fine thing is that pretty much nothing is known about it. Other projects like Wasteland 2, the Shadowrun game or The Banner Saga have a clear concept, a clear idea, but the DF thing has just Schafer saying, "Hey, I want to make a new Point and Click Adventure. I have no idea what it will be about or whether I even will think of something, but give me your money anyway."
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    The "culture sensitive" part I find amusing. It's not like video games go out of there way to establish a superior gender, race, or sexual preference. 

They're just not great at including transgendered character or making homosexual options for men, but that's not quite the same as introducing inequality.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I do not know what either of these things are.
  • ^ The right one is called Arkh Project.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-04-26 20:51:27
    >shitty
    >Double Fine
    >30-yr-olds
    >shouldn't play games

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

tumut, person who created that image. tumut.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa

bloopbloop.

On a kind of related note, what's the game on the left?
  • edited 2012-04-26 22:48:51
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • See this is why I don't trust systems like this. It's a good idea in theory, but then you have this kind of thing where people are given a golden opportunity to scam people to hell and back.
    Well, they do have a wiki with a fair amount of stuff on it.

But honestly, from reading the gameplay stuff, it sounds pretty dull.
  • edited 2012-04-26 23:17:55
    Yeah. They certainly aren't getting any of my money.

As much as I'd like a game starring a gay fellow/lass, this seems like a big ol' scam.
  • edited 2012-04-26 23:34:24
  • ME3 had Cortez, if I recall correctly.
  • edited 2012-04-27 00:45:35
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And then, on top of that tumblr post, you see shit like this...

Yeah, that fucking graphic in the OP was probably MADE BY SBA. And yeah, I'm calling abuse of N-word privileges, because there's nothing I dislike more than a hypocrite.

tumut
  • edited 2012-04-27 00:52:41
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    No, that's just outright racism, regardless of the skin colour of the person who wrote it.
    Exactly. You don't say something that harsh and then try to excuse it by saying "oh, but I'm black too!" There's a such thing as self-loathing, you know. :P
  • Not even gonna click the link.

I need no more rage today.

OH, Jesus. There more I read it the more I'm convinced Uncle Ruckus has a son...
  • edited 2012-04-27 04:05:29
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I just loved his "PSA:" that he decided to start with.
    Lazuli: I told you it was bad. :(

As bad as it is, I can't help but feel this is the reality of the situation: