Because flexing my admin powers for petty reasons amuses me, I have arbitrarily decided to accept requests for Halloween name changes an entire day early!
For anyone who's unfamiliar with this particular Heap tradition: Every October, the Heapers don their Halloween costumes! You may request your username be changed for the duration of the month of October, so get out your spookiest names, or just be a Madoka Magica kinnie. Anything goes, really.
That said, there are a few rules:
- Be willing to commit to your name. You may change your name only once and it will not be reverted until November 1.
- You may not swap names with another user. If you want to "trade places" with somebody, consider swapping avatars.
- Forum staff reserves the right to reject names for technical reasons (did you know commas break the PM system?) or if they're just, like...in really poor tatse.
- Names will be recorded in a list below, partly to make it easier to tell who people are, but also so I know what to change everyone back to.
- All names will revert on November 1, 2020, nominally at midnight, but in practice, whenever I get around to it.
This thread in specific is solely for name change requests, not conversation or memes, but I would encourage anyone who wants to discuss or joke about the username changes to make another thread.2020 Halloween name changes:
- Central Avenue → Mami Tomoe
- Imipolex G → Beelzeboob
- Tatterhood → Window Star
- planet Jane → Homura Akemi
- Odradek → SkekSil
- Obā-san → Rin Kokonoe
- Sredni Vashtar → Marulk
- Calica → The Inexorable March of Entropy
- Crystal → _
- Section42L → Dougie Jones
- Ali_Roz → Poecile atricapillus
- witchKabo → The Great Witch Kabo
- Anonus → Lola Bunny