The most unwanted music

edited 2012-04-22 12:34:26 in General
The most unwanted music is over 25 minutes long, veers wildly between loud and quiet sections, between fast and slow tempos, and features timbres of extremely high and low pitch, with each dichotomy presented in abrupt transition. The most unwanted orchestra was determined to be large, and features the accordion and bagpipe (which tie at 13% as the most unwanted instrument), banjo, flute, tuba, harp, organ, synthesizer (the only instrument that appears in both the most wanted and most unwanted ensembles). An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and "elevator" music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs. The most unwanted subjects for lyrics are cowboys and holidays, and the most unwanted listening circumstances are involuntary exposure to commercials and elevator music. Therefore, it can be shown that if there is no covariance—someone who dislikes bagpipes is as likely to hate elevator music as someone who despises the organ, for example—fewer than 200 individuals of the world's total population would enjoy this piece. 

Comments

• The main vocals of the song are provided by Emerson, whose high-pitched, operatic rapping features both references to Wittgenstein and casual swearing.[1] Emerson's rap is largely cowboy-themed.[1]

In addition to the rapping, a children's choir sings about various holidays (ChristmasYom KippurRamadan and Labor Day, among others), ending each verse with the line "Do all your shopping at Wal-Mart!"[1]

Near the end of the song, Mankin shouts political phrases through a bullhorn.[1]

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Even the elevator music with the rabble-rousing and the bullhorn and the rapping about Wittgenstein?
  • This is my 5th listen.
  • edited 2012-04-22 13:49:43
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wait till they get to Yom Kippur.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    This is amazing
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    This song is nice so far :3

...Dear god my brain IS broken
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I've listened to this song a few times and the only thing that I really dislike is the children singing about holidays and Wal-Mart.

Two of those things are fine on their own. But don't put them together, please.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The only issue I have is that the bagpipes fall flat at times and the kids have slightly grating voices. Otherwise I love this (although I got bored partway through)
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    It worked and it didn't work, I think. Most people seem to like parts of it but there's one thing they can't stand.

They also did the most wanted music, but it was really bland and boring. This is the actual most wanted music:

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The issues I have are minor though, and not unbearable
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I listened to it before, but as I was occupied at the time, my mind kind of just tuned it out.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I think this got posted before at some point?

It's kinda amusing, really. Probably wouldn't hold up to multiple listenings. I have a feeling if you just sprung it on someone, didn't tell them what it was, and just told them to listen until they got sick of it, they'd bail out AT LEAST at "Christmas time at Wal-Mart". 

But as a challenge, it's not too bad to sit through.

Anyhow, the tea kettle started whistling, and it was easily three more time more annoying than the song.

As odd as the song it, the bizarre vocals and such still mesh decently enough so it's not as grating as it could be.

Now, if they REALLY wanted to make a horrible song .that people may not sit through even if challenged, They'd mix babies screaming, tea kettles whistling, smoke detectors going off, and police sirens.

• There, sit through this.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I sat through it. I even enjoyed it to some extent.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    YAY ANGRY BRITISH PEOPLE
    I think the worst audible experience would be an unceasing, extremely loud, high-pitched siren. I think more than ten minutes of that would- without exaggeration- count as torture.

That might not fit most definitions of music, though.
    Maybe "extremely loud" doesn't communicate the decibel level I had in mind. I was thinking along the lines of potentially severe hearing damage.
  • edited 2012-04-27 05:25:56
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I just kind of...tuned it out when I listened to it.