ITT: We discuss the HH logo

TreTre
edited 2012-04-22 15:43:37 in General
So. Yeah. The wordmark is Anonus's original, but done with slightly less spacing between the two words; the "HH" is me.

The font is League Gothic.

Banner version:
image or image

Favicon:

Normal versions, to be used in promos and stuff:
imageimageimage

In action:

Tagged:

Comments

• LOVE. ALL MAH LOVE.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    That is a smexy logo

It may also confuse people (But... It looks like a business logo! D,:), which makes it even better!
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    It looks good. Only thing I can think about it is that I don't like the white border around the logo, but that's probably unavoidable.
  • I put it there to make it look more "app icon"-y.

Here's a less boxy version:

Which one do you guys prefer?
  • I like all of em.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Yeah, I prefer that one.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I like the version that is smexier
  • edited 2012-04-22 16:04:04
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Very nice... BUT!

It still needs the pink and blue! :D

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Tre:

Would you be able to make a version of this:

but with a transparent background? I know you made the green so it'll show up when you embed it here, but if we use it in the banner that won't be necessary.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    The sperg in me wants to make the bottom of the second horizontal line be on the same level as the top of the first horizontal line. 
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-04-22 16:31:51
    @TheMightyAnonym We can do that with the AnonAve Seanonavenlee logo.

ARE YOU HAPPY?!?!
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!?!?!?!

@CA: Sure, I'll do it.

@KJI: Bluh, it's not supposed to be perfect. But I'll figure it out.
  • Okay, so the way KJI suggested looks like this:

To be honest though I'm not entirely sure if I like it like that. Thoughts?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    It's hawt.
  • edited 2012-04-22 16:43:13
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    -laughs out loud at the Seanonvenlee logo-
    ...Eh.
  • the checkered pattern? That actually hurts my eyes.

The plain green is better.

• ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ^Well the checkered pattern isn't part of it because photoshop don't play that, so...
    No, the checkered pattern is to tell that it'll be transparent when it's done.
  • Oh, the checkered pattern isn't going to be there anyway. GIMP just rendered it that way because the image is going to be transparent.
  • edited 2012-04-22 16:45:20
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I think the checkered pattern is supposed to represent a transparent background. I'm not sure why some programs pick that color scheme, but they do.

Triple ninja'd.
  • edited 2012-04-22 16:45:39
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    The checkered pattern just means it's transparent.

quadninja'd
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    That new version is ugly. The space below the bar on the first H is bigger than the space above the bar on the second
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-04-22 16:52:19

^ That also applies to my original version, the bars are purposely uneven. I personally think they're too spaced out from each other, though.

Also, imm.io is making a white background behind my transparent pics; hang on a sec while I put this one on Imgur.
  • edited 2012-04-22 16:52:13
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    (Edit: Derp. That'll teach me to not pay attention to other people's wording.)

I do notice that the height of the bars is slightly off-center, if you're concerned about that.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For what it's worth, I prefer the original version of the "HH" monogram.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Tre: Yeah, but the bars being uneven mitigated that somewhat
  • Huh, GIMP isn't letting me make a transparent .png for some reason.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Tre: Make the background something like hot link and use iaza.com to make the colour transparent
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-04-22 17:40:32
    FINALLY!!!

YES!!!

DAT TRANSPARENCY

Turns out GIMP was being weird with its PNG plugin, though a restart fixed it. The teal line on the bottom was just me testing to see if it was transparent within the post; the logo itself doesn't have it.

• Orange such a nice lovely color and no arguing between other colors d:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.