You're lying if you say...

...you didn't grow up thinking the line was "Sweet dreams are made of these"

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it's not?
  • BeeBee
    edited 2018-04-29 04:30:25
    It's "this".  They just pronounce it like they're drunk or something.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It doesn't help that she rhymes it with "seas".
  • edited 2018-04-29 05:43:43
    i guess it's like how "secret agent man" is so horribly elided it pretty much IS "secret asian man"

and also how "won't" in "won't show you smutty CGs" is smushed so it sounds like "would show you smutty CGs" (and also "those things aren't romantic to me" has the "aren't similarly smashed and the t not enunciated so it sounds like "those things arn romantic to me" which sounds awfully like "those things are romantic to me") (and also "my first kiss was only burning steel" became "my first kiss was soning[?] burning stone")
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Another classic example: "Blinded by the light, revved up like a..." WHAT?
  • i guess it's like how "secret agent man" is so horribly elided it pretty much IS "secret asian man"

<_< Kinda glad I'm not the only one who misheard it like that as a kid.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Another classic example: "Blinded by the light, revved up like a..." WHAT?

https://heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/discussion/15221/blinded-by-the-light
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    in all honestly it never occurred to me that it could be 'these'

'this' just makes more sense
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it's actually 'thee-is'
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

i guess it's like how "secret agent man" is so horribly elided it pretty much IS "secret asian man"

• I don't think I knew any of these songs as a kid
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

who am I to disagree?
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    And I want you
    And I want you
    And I want you
    Sucking circumcision
  • i guess it's like how "secret agent man" is so horribly elided it pretty much IS "secret asian man"

I didn't listen to it as a kid, and I knew it was supposed to be "secret agent man" (and I even played an unrelated game called "Secret Agent Man" as a kid), and I've specifically TRIED HARD to hear it as "secret agent man", and I STILL can't hear it as "secret agent man".