Do people like Disney animated movies from before the Renaissance?

I feel like a lot of people (like the person who made this bracket) kinda ignore anything the feature animation studio did before The Little Mermaid

Admittedly, I can't blame them, but even when I was a kid I found a lot of the Walt-era and Post-Walt stuff to be a little more visually engaging than most of the things Disney was doing at the time (and you need only look at my avatar to see the one franchise Disney managed to worm into my brain for all time - I still asterisk it by pointing to Dodie Smith though)

You know what stood out? Lilo & Stitch, because of course it did
Tagged:

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    yes disney peaked during the 1120s, it's been downhill ever since
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    in all seriousness there are a number of earlier Disney movies that i'd choose over any of their 90s output: Sleeping Beauty, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland, Fantasia

Lilo & Stitch was great but it's a little late for what i think of as "Disney Renaissance", that's more like The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Cinderella, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, and Mary Poppins are childhood favorites that were never NOT favorites, and were influential on me.

Everything else has either gone in and out of the favorites list, or left less of an impact on me, or I didn't see them enough, because those are the ones I pretty much have memorized.

Other than The Rescuers Down Under, all of those came out before The Little Mermaid.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tachyon said:

yes disney peaked during the 1120s, it's been downhill ever since