DAE tend to take your smartphone out of its case when you use it at home?

Genuinely curious, because that's a long-standing habit of mine I only fully noticed recently.

If I'm leaving the house for any reason, I put the phone back in its case, but if I'm just sitting around my bedroom texting friends or talking on the phone...I prefer the feel of just having the bare phone itself.

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Always in.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I have a dumbphone
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Crystal said:

Always in.

• I don't have a case.
  • kill living beings
    the way my case is designed it's very hard to remove, so the phone is stuck in there forever now
  • Tachyon said:

Crystal said:

Always in.

This.

I could take it out, but the phone is very thin and very smooth, while the case is rubber and gives it a bit more breadth, which makes handling it a lot easier, and also protects it a bit when I drop it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    See, I'm not too worried about dropping it while I'm at home, because it's going to land on the carpet and the case won't make much of a difference. I'm way more worried about dropping it on concrete sidewalks, linoleum floors, etc.
  • edited 2018-03-26 01:07:12
    Ah.  We don't have carpet here.

Regardless, though, the phone is much easier to handle when it's thicker.  Thin phones are sort of obnoxious.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. I prefer the thinness, which the entire reason I take it out of the case in the first place.
  • My phone is so gorgeous when not in its case but I never take it out