You know what's gonna be weird?

When people get nostalgic for the Wii and Mario Galaxy and stuff.

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Admittedly I already get kind of nostalgic when I think of Christmas 2010 and how we had the entire extended family, including Grandma, playing Wii Sports bowling.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I still find it bizarre that the N64 is considered an "old" console now
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I still find it bizarre that the N64 is considered an "old" console now

I KNOW RIGHT

Like, jesus

I got mine for Christmas in 1999

And its translucent self is now considered potently nostalgic

To the point that Nintendo themselves have gotten in on the action:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hmph. If I can't make out individual components on the board, it's not translucent enough for me!
    they are striking a balance between nostalgia, maintaining a distinctive appearance, and fitting in with the look of the joy-cons
    admittedly, I'd very much like more colorful Pro Controller options, at least available officially

I do have the gray joy-cons and would love the blue and red ones
    Anonus said:

they are striking a balance between nostalgia, maintaining a distinctive appearance, and fitting in with the look of the joy-cons

That's fair. It's just that I'd say, for me personally, most of the appeal of translucent electronics came from being able to see the inner workings of stuff.