Do people actually like TBS and TNT and FX and such?

Because the only people who do seem to be the executives at the companies that own them.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Deliberate efforts to create "general entertainment" networks like what Viacom did to TNN rarely seem to work

Then again, in the early 2000s, all the "general entertainment" networks were chasing after the meatheaded young male demo
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the Super FX chip was fine for its time
  • Final Space and Conan are on TBS, and Close Enough is on the way. I feel like I'd probably also dig Full Frontal if I ever sat down to see it, so I'm just gonna say I like a good deal of their original programming even though I actively dislike some of the ones they syndicate/picked up from other places. (Cougar Town was also pretty rad too, IIRC.)

Not so much TNT, but I kinda fall outside their older/more drama-minded demo anyway. Falling Skies always seemed kinda interesting when it was on, but I never bothered.

As for FX, I think I'm more of an FXX sort of guy (Man Seeking Woman is fun, as is Sunny) but I do like Legion and Archer, and would probably dig Atlanta if I saw an episode or two.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    What is trutv
    a reality show buffer that exists so that Unscripted Programming doesn't eat up TBS and TNT's schedules
    Wrong it's the channel nobody cares about when March Madness isn't going on
    inb4 I get mobbed by all the impractical Jokers fans
  • I cared more about truTV back when World's Dumbest was on it

but Kevin Pereira has a show on there now!
    Calica said:

Wrong it's the channel nobody cares about when March Madness isn't going on

why can't it be both?

at any rate final space seems very tre
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I was watching the UMBC game last night, and boy oh boy do they want TruTV's comedies to be a thing
    lee4hmz said:

I was watching the UMBC game last night, and boy oh boy do they want TruTV's comedies to be a thing

Oh dang and don't you live in Charlottesville?
  • vtkvtk
    edited 2018-03-20 05:40:31
    embrace the confusion
    For me, TBS = Friends reruns, American Dad, Final Space, sometimes Conan, and eventually Close Enough. And FXX = Simpsons reruns.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Calica said:

lee4hmz said:

Oh dang and don't you live in Charlottesville?
    I actually live in Woodbridge, a couple hours' drive away. I haven't lived in the C'ville area since 1992, though my mom still has a friend who lives there.